PDA

View Full Version : French Quarter or Coronado?

dk1992
01-28-2009, 07:14 PM
We loved the French Quarter during our 2007 stay. We had no problems at all. We are going to Disney again in September and are considering Coronado to try something new. Can someone convince us to try CSR? I do admit that I would miss riding the ferry boats to DTD and to Riverside. I loved the landscaping there.

Darbylew
01-28-2009, 07:19 PM
We have never stayed at CSR so I can't help you there. We love the French Quarter. It is
our favorite resort. We have stayed at CBR
and liked it very much. They have just updated
some of the rooms there. Not sure if they are
finished yet. The grounds are real pretty. :thumbsup:
BEEN THERE DONE THAT AND GOING BACK IN
MARCH 2009 :D

sassy2000
01-28-2009, 07:30 PM
We stayed @ CSR in December and LOVED it! The resort is beautiful. The staff was great. The Pepper Market has good food and is a great deal if on the DDP since it only costs a CS credit (even for the $20.00 steak). My kids loved the main pool and playground. And now all rooms have queen beds instead of full beds which is great. We will definitely be back to this resort. :mickey:

conwayjohn71
01-28-2009, 08:06 PM
we have stayed at both in the past
CSR in 97
FQ in 07

We stayed at FQ mostly because of the things we read here on intercot
It was nice but not all that
now before you listen to me, we are not in the room much, so a room is a room

We prefer the CSR, pool is better, food is better and more choices

I say try something new....................:thumbsup:

buzz2001
01-28-2009, 08:18 PM
I love CSR. It is the total opposite of POFQ. CSR is a large resort and you will have to walk more than you did at POFQ. But with the size, CSR offers a lot more too. CSR has queen beds, newly renovated rooms and much more. Read the CSR rehab thread for pics.

kakn7294
01-28-2009, 10:19 PM
We very much prefer POFQ and didn't like CSR. It's all a matter of personal taste and your resort experiences. We love the smallness of POFQ and the decor suits our tastes much better than CSR but the queen beds are CSR are a fantastic perk. Given a choice though, I'd pick POFQ every time!

KatMark
01-28-2009, 11:07 PM
CSR is our favorite resort. We've stayed seven times and had a perfect visit each time. We are booked for two more trips in 2009 (we originally had to book POFQ for the first trip, which we have never stayed at, because CSR wasn't open and I was very disappointed; luckily, I kept calling and CSR opened up). We just can't tear ourselves away from CSR (DH even offered me the Poly last September because it was our 25th anniversary trip, but I wanted my CSR). We love the fact that the resort is spread out and it never seems crowded and is peaceful and quiet. It is a stunning resort and we can't wait to see the new rooms with the queen beds, the new furniture, sliding door between the bathroom and bedroom, the flat screen televisions. Plus, I love that it has three quiet pools, the largest hot tub, fitness center/spa (I always get a massage while at Disney). We've always had great CM's, Mousekeeping, etc. We enjoy the Pepper Market (I know a lot of people don't), the new Rix Cafe and the Rix Lounge. They have a very large gift shop as well. The resort is simply stunning at night when the sun has gone down and the lightsh are reflecting off the Lake and the fountains in the courtyards of the Casitas (this is the section we always request and we've always gotten our request).

c&d
01-29-2009, 09:42 AM
I loved CSR when we stayed there. The buses were great, we never had to wait that long and they were never crowded during they day. The health club and spa made it feel much more like a deluxe then the other resorts.

I also loved walking around the resort at night. I think it's one of the prettiest with all the fountains and different sections.

As a family we really liked the food court as it had choices that each of us like.

garymacd
01-29-2009, 10:13 AM
We love POFQ. We have never stayed at CSR, so we can't comment on it. We have tried many resorts and keep coming back to POFQ because of the size and ease of getting around.

I would like to try CSR someday, but, even if we love it, I think we would still keep coming back to POFQ for the size, theme and beignets.

Try something new. At least you will know for yourself. And there will always be a next time for you to go back to your old favourite, or try something else.

Mousemates
01-29-2009, 05:04 PM
To me the choice between these two comes down to a couple things:

One is if you spend much time at Downtown Disney (and its multiple eating options)...because if you do then the boat launches from POFQ are a great perk.

Two is the bed issue....if you do king rooms at WDW it doesn't matter...and if you sleep in a full size bed at home (and your kids do to) then it doesn't matter....but if you sleep in a large bed at home the adjustment to a smaller bed can take a night or two- and thus the queen beds at CSR are a big plus.

to us both resort were pretty....at one you could walk around the central lake...the other you could stroll by "the river." both were pretty, thou to us POFQ had a more upscale feel about it.

So why not give soemthing new a try and take the guesswork out for future trips or do a split stay.

Mandykay
01-29-2009, 06:36 PM
I know this isn't a deal breaker for most people, but when my sister and I are traveling together it's a tie breaker:mickey: The rooms at CSR only have one sink. I do love all the pools at CSR though:thumbsup:

Crow
01-29-2009, 09:51 PM
Ive stayed at both and they are tied. only once at FQ but I will be there again in APril.
a lot diff in size
CSR has a few more options since its a convention resort, spa, business center.
some good diff choices at food court.
Id say give it a shot for something different. Thats what i do, try the diff resorts

caryrae
01-30-2009, 11:31 AM
I can't wait my wife and I are doing a split stay this year at CSR and POFQ, it will be the first time at both. They both sound like they will be neat places to stay. The boat ride from FQ to DTD sounds very nice.

Cheloconnell
01-30-2009, 10:22 PM
For me it is a tie as well. I love CSR for the rooms, the layout and the food at Pepper Market. I love FQ for the quaintness and the pool. To me the difference really is big vs. small. :mickey: