PDA

View Full Version : July 2009

Rosemickey68
01-28-2009, 04:23 PM
Does anyone know when July's park hours will be available? I thought I heard most park hours are normally up 6 months ahead so I would assume possible in February they will be posted???

Going July 2nd thru July 7th.
Which park would you do what days?
We should be in Orlando on the 2nd by 5pm, and won't leave until 5 or 6pm on the 7th.
We purchased the 5 day park hopper passes.
We thought about Epcot for the 4th.
DH can't miss Fantasmic (so this might be a problem if they are only showing it on Tue and Thur in July!)
Any suggestions would be helpful!

Beast_fanatic
01-28-2009, 05:16 PM
As far as when the hours will be released, it's anyone's guess since May's hours aren't even out yet. We believe they are now going to release them about 90 days in advance to correspond with the 90 day window for making advanced dining reservations (and because that was what they did in the past when the ADR booking window was 90 days), but we can't be sure of that until they release May's hours.

TikiGoddess
01-28-2009, 07:47 PM
I am planning a trip in August and have come up on the same problem. I looked at last year's schedule and based my general planning on that (EMH, etc.).

Here's what a popular 'touring plans' website has for that week -- best parks to visit on each day.

Thu, 02 Jul '09 DS
Fri, 03 Jul '09 MK AK
Sat, 04 Jul '09 EP
Sun, 05 Jul '09 DS
Mon, 06 Jul '09 MK EP
Tue, 07 Jul '09 DS AK

I think you're making a good choice for the 4th -- Epcot holds crowds well.

Kathy

Rosemickey68
02-02-2009, 05:20 PM
How good is one of the touring plans? Has anyone used one to do the parks????
I got on one website the other day and they want $8.95 for a year subscription and then you can get plans for each park.
Just wondering how good/accurate these tour plans are and if they would be helpful when we go.

DizneyRox
02-02-2009, 07:01 PM
How good is one of the touring plans? Has anyone used one to do the parks????
I got on one website the other day and they want $8.95 for a year subscription and then you can get plans for each park.
Just wondering how good/accurate these tour plans are and if they would be helpful when we go.
Pass on this. You'll get better info here.

For July, I would be prepared to wing it really. I haven't found much of a trend and I've been going around the 4th for eons!

I would STRONGLY suggest you get the park hopper option for anyone going this time. It's great for even just a change of scenery.

Epcot is a nice choice for the 4th, and if you can handle MK, they will also be showing their Jult 4th fireworks a day early. MK is a ZOO! AK is hot as anything in the summer. Plan on drinking a ton of water.

You will need to make your dining arrangments though, so try to pick a park for either the day or night and stick to it, but after that, go with the flow. Park hours are usually expanded (I've seen nighttime EMH go until 3am this time of year) so there's really plenty of time to do a lot. Only 5 days though, things could be tight!