PDA

View Full Version : Backlot Tour

MegPeg85
01-28-2009, 02:20 PM
Since I'm not in Orlando anymore I feel so cut off from all the rumors! Does anyone know the fate of Backlot Tour? I have heard so many different things, including that it's coming back up in mid-March and that it's in Phase 1 closing.

Any news?

AmandaChan
01-28-2009, 04:36 PM
I didn't realize that it was closed. I wouldn't be sad if they were redoing the opening of the show. The Pearl Harbor thing is getting OLD. I also hate that you have to sit through it to get to the tour.

cindchan
01-28-2009, 08:16 PM
Oh, I don't know. I rather enjoy the Pearl Harbor thing. It's fun the watch the over-acting (those who actually have an idea of what's going on. ^_^ And it's fun watching the reaction of the person getting drenched with water. :thumbsup:

MegPeg85
01-28-2009, 08:22 PM
I agree that the Pearl Harbor part is probably no fun after the first couple go-arounds. What really saddens me is how they've let the shuttles part just go. The props are all deteriorating. It used to be a great ride and there are still neat things on it (costuming tunnel and catastrophe canyon), but the rest of it is kind of a let-down. I don't like how half the ride is pretty much an advertisement for Lights, Motors, Action (although it is a great show).

Oh well...I guess it will be up to those in charge as to whether they'd like to make it a great ride again or just to let it die a peaceful and sad death....

Tinkerbelly84
01-28-2009, 11:59 PM
I didn't know that they changed anything. That makes me sad. What is different about it? I haven't been a two years.

MegPeg85
01-29-2009, 11:51 AM
Nothing has changed yet. It's closed for "refurbishment" for now. I heard that they may be taking down the Pearl Harbor show...but that's just a rumor.

Imagineer1981
01-29-2009, 02:50 PM
DHS went down when it stoped being a real working studio...that took half the fun and magic out of it

Mr. Incredible
01-29-2009, 03:44 PM
Disney needs to do something to either preserve of spiff up that ride if only because the current slate of attractions at DHS is so limited.

Tinkerbelly84
01-29-2009, 07:24 PM
How long will it be down for refurbishment?

MegPeg85
01-30-2009, 09:38 AM
I know that officially it was from Jan 4-Feb 28. However, I have heard that it may be down until mid to late March, which is sad because I'm going in mid-March and would love to see it!

sneezyone
01-30-2009, 10:53 AM
I loved the pearl harbor part...last year my husband and I got to do that!

My husband is "mr. non-group participation" so when he agreed it blew me away...

And he got the water dumped on him...lol...

I just wish they would have been able to give us a dvd of it...or taken our video camera and taped us with it so we could see how it went...

BananaAnna838
01-30-2009, 12:10 PM
I just wish they would have been able to give us a dvd of it...or taken our video camera and taped us with it so we could see how it went...
I agree!! That would make it so much better. We also were picked to be in it, and our next year I had to explain on camera who had which parts. Which wasn't nearly as good, considering when we went there were "technical difficulties" so they didn't actually have anyone participating.

Zawadi
01-31-2009, 04:41 PM
DHS went down when it stoped being a real working studio...that took half the fun and magic out of it

Sometimes I have a different opinion to Imagineer1981 (especially wrt Soarin' - but that's another story ;)). However, here I'm in complete agreement.