PDA

View Full Version : Almost afraid to ask,

luvdiznee
01-28-2009, 11:35 AM
but here goes. We are coming the first week of Feb, just wondering what do we ladies (me and DD11) pack? Shorts? :thumbsup:Capri's? :( Mitts/gloves? :thedolls:Just checked the weather channel and it says about high 60's but Sunny :cool:so here's hoping it's not the same weather as we have in the spring here. :marg:Thanks :mickey:

faline
01-28-2009, 11:38 AM
All of the above. You may have swimming weather; you may need jackets and jeans.

Marymouse2003
01-28-2009, 12:37 PM
Faline's right. The weather is just like here in LA. You can be in shorts 1 day and a front will come through & you'll need mitts and scarfs. Be aware, some ppl feel like the 40's in FL is colder than 40's in PA. IT'S THE HUMIDITY!!!!! So, bring it all! ENJOY, you'll be in WDW!!

Strmchsr
01-28-2009, 02:50 PM
Check the weather thread at the top of this forum. Weather Channel isn't the most reliable. Basically, expect a swing from low to upper 60s for highs next week with a couple of chances of rain. Lows will also be in the low 40s to around 50. Given how much the stupid airlines are charging for baggage these days the old standby of "pack everything" just isn't practical anymore, but you'll need some layers as it will be cool in the mornings and evenings, but comfortable during the day.

Goofster
01-28-2009, 03:17 PM
We are also going the first week of February, my wife refuses to wear anything but flip-flops, although we will be bringing pants, light jackets along with all of our summer wear. After being in the teens for the past month 60's will seem like a July heat wave to us.

DryCreek
01-28-2009, 09:03 PM
We are on for the first week too - we plan to have T-shirts on under heavy long-sleeved shirts and lightweight packable jackets (the kind that fold into a neat little pocket on the front). As the day goes on and starts to heat up, you just start removing layers until you are comfortable. As the day cools off, ya' put it back on.

Flip Flops? I'm bringing some, but that's just for the shower!

The Amazing Ice Storm of 2009 has just melted away today. What a mess. We were out all morning chipping the ice out of our water troughs. Glad we got the hay put out before this stuff rolled in. It's just not right to see icicles hanging from the ears of your momma cows!

luvdiznee
01-29-2009, 08:37 AM
Thanks all. I agree with the post that even if in 60's it will still feel good for us, at least. We will just have to try to bring tanks, tees and sweats. I hate being cold. :cloud9:Plus I don't want to bring DD back sick to have to miss more school. Anywho will try to pack as much as allowed in a single 50 pound suitcase. And will continue checking the reports on here. :mickey:

Marymouse2003
01-30-2009, 02:49 AM
Still plan on the layers & bring as much as you can. DO NOT rely on weather channel and such. The way to go is with THE WEATHER GUY, that's Chris, in message #4. He has put many an Intercot regular's mind at ease when it has come to the weather & WDW. Especially when one has a special event like MVMCP planned and weather channel gives rediculous computer info, which is great, BUT locked into long range & not much true meteorology. Chris cks the computer models, but takes into acct. how the weather in FL is ever changing. THANK YOU Chris for putting my mind at ease back in Dec.
Here's to a wonderful safe trip with great weather:marg: God bless,

Marymouse2003
01-30-2009, 03:00 AM
Hey Dry Creek,
I can relate to seeing those poor Momma Cows with ice on their backs & hanging from their ears. Having to make sure there was lots of fresh hay so their bellies wld be full and yes, what pain to deal with the water troughs:thedolls: I happened to miss the snow here. I was in WDW, but I listened to local weather guys 2nite & will not be above the 50's 2mro w/win chill in lo2 40's, then warm up Sat, then Rain Sun and then Possible SNOW again for late Mon or Tues. I must say, since I missed it in Dec, I wld love to have it. I've never seen REAL snow, like 6 inches or so that stayed on ground. I know, I know, be careful for what I wish. Anyway, I got a little off topic, so, LATER!!

deedeenmickey
01-30-2009, 10:00 AM
Everyone is right in suggesting layers. If you get an early start it could be cold and midday quite warm. I like the velour track suits. You have a jacket and then you can tie it around your waist and that night when it starts getting chilly put it back on. I only do commando disney no matter how many times I have been.:number1:I make the most of every trip!

I hope you have a great time. We will be there Valentines Weekend!!

bshaw96
01-30-2009, 03:51 PM
We were there the 1st week of Feb. in 08. I took shorts, capris, short sleeve shirts, and a jacket. I think I brought a pair of pants just in case. I found I mostly wore capris with a jacket, which would usually end up tied around my waist by mid afternoon and back on at night. I wore shorts a couple of days and it wasn't bad, but always had to have the jacket. The key is LAYERS. That time of year can be very unpredictable. Have fun. We thoroughly enjoyed it last year. Our first non summer trip and it was nice not to be sweating the whole time. :thumbsup:

DryCreek
01-31-2009, 08:17 PM
We were there the 1st week of Feb. in 08. I took shorts, capris,

Boots?

Just kidding....
Wheels Up at 6 a.m. tomorrow morning - MCO at 11!

luvdiznee
02-01-2009, 09:22 AM
Again, thanks everyone. Was just checking this thread and Chris's since I will start packing today, because we leave in 3 days. :secret: So I will put together outfits with "layers". The only long pants I will have are the one's I will be coming down in, since flying in from NY where it will be about 20. ;)Other than that more shorts than capris for me and even the bathing suit. Heck, when we were there Feb 06 we went swimming. :cool:I will definitely play that by ear, for this year. :mickey: