PDA

View Full Version : ? for those who've done Quick Service Dining Plan

deva
01-28-2009, 09:52 AM
For those that have done the QSDP:

I've read that the children's and adult's counter service meals aren't treated differently on the QSDP. In other words, my son, who is under 9, doesn't have to order a kids meal & could use one of his counter-service meal credits for an adult meal.

Can anyone who has used the QSDP confirm this? Also, if you have any more experiences you could share from using the QSDP that would be great too.

Thank you.

brian2000boston
01-28-2009, 10:59 AM
if i remember correclty from a previous discussion that yes this has worked but is striclty against the rules and can result in violation of your agreement with Disney. I have a feeling that this thread will be closed.

disneyfan328
01-28-2009, 12:18 PM
I agree with the PP in that it is against the rules to do it. Also the CM at the CS places are not supposed to let you order more adult meals than your card shows you have in your party - ie 2 adults and 2 kids should not be allowed to order 4 adult meals since there are only 2 on the card. While I have read that some CM have let people do it I think that Disney is cracking down on this - take a look at the Pizza Planet menu. they never used to have a kids menu - so that was one place that since there wasn't one you just ordered whatever. Well as of an update in December they now have a kids menu. also Intercots terms of service prohibits discussions about ways to beat the system.

Disneyatic
01-28-2009, 01:51 PM
I don't think the original poster is asking for tips on how to "beat the system".
They are asking a legitimate question on whether or not the credits are divided between adults and children on the QS plan.

I was talking to my cousin the other day and she said that on their last trip it didn't seem like they differentiated between child and adult credits at the QS places but they had the delux plan.
But it may depend on the place???
Hopefully someone will come along with some good info on this.

brian2000boston
01-28-2009, 03:55 PM
I don't think the original poster is asking for tips on how to "beat the system".
They are asking a legitimate question on whether or not the credits are divided between adults and children on the QS plan.

I was talking to my cousin the other day and she said that on their last trip it didn't seem like they differentiated between child and adult credits at the QS places but they had the delux plan.
But it may depend on the place???
Hopefully someone will come along with some good info on this.

hmm. I have to say that based on the question it seems it was on a way to beat the system. If it wasn't then i pass on my apologies for misunderstanding. The poster specifically said

I've read that the children's and adult's counter service meals aren't treated differently on the QSDP. In other words, my son, who is under 9, doesn't have to order a kids meal & could use one of his counter-service meal credits for an adult meal.

"In other words, my son, who is under 9, doesn't have to order a kids meal & could use one of his counter-service meal credits for an adult meal."

I interpret this as trying to order an adult meal with a kids credit. Which is clearly not ok.

PetefromRI
01-28-2009, 08:48 PM
I just went on the Disney website and it says that a child has to order off of the childrens menu at Counter Service restaurants if there is a childs menu available at that restaurant.I didn't feel as if the OP was trying to cheat the system.I thought that it was a legit question.Maybe it's just my good nature but I felt that she was getting flamed for nothing.I'll be trying the QSDP in May and am looking forward to it.

disneyfan328
01-29-2009, 07:41 AM
I just went on the Disney website and it says that a child has to order off of the childrens menu at Counter Service restaurants if there is a childs menu available at that restaurant.I didn't feel as if the OP was trying to cheat the system.I thought that it was a legit question.Maybe it's just my good nature but I felt that she was getting flamed for nothing.I'll be trying the QSDP in May and am looking forward to it.

I dont think that either my post or the other poster were meant "to flame" anyone. We were just stating for someone that might not be aware that Intercot is strict about their rules. We answered the questions to the best of our knowledge so that the OP has the information requested and as an added note the info on the policy. If I misunderstood what was being asked then my apolgoies, but regardless I think the question asked was answered.

I think that the info on the dining policy and kids meals being ordered by kids when there is a kids meal available is pretty clear. It doesn't mean that people don't get away with doing it, it just means that it is stated that you are not supposed to be able to.:thumbsup:

deva
01-29-2009, 11:00 AM
OP here,

No worries. Not trying to beat the system, just trying to understand the system. I since read some other posts on other boards and now understand this can be a hot topic. I'm new to the different dining plans & wanted all the info before making a decision.

Disneyatic
01-29-2009, 09:16 PM
OP here,

No worries. Not trying to beat the system, just trying to understand the system. I since read some other posts on other boards and now understand this can be a hot topic. I'm new to the different dining plans & wanted all the info before making a decision.

I think this gets confusing because of the different QS restaurants and how some have kids menus and some don't. I think that pretty soon all of the QS places will have seperate kids menus because Disney probably realized that the restaurants that didn't have kids menus were giving adult meals for kids credits and didn't like actually giving the guests MORE for their money.

In the past when we have done the dining plan, the credits were actually shown on the bottom of some receipts and were split up between child and adult.
You could also take a look or post the question about QS places that have big portions and could use 1 adult credit for a meal that can be shared....I know I have read alot of people mention those meals.

Good luck with your planning! I think the QS plan looks fun, as soon as we can get our next trip planned, we are going to try it.