PDA

View Full Version : Firework Cruises

yjgirl32
01-28-2009, 09:10 AM
Has anyone taken the Illuminations specialty pontoon boat? We did the Wishes boat and loved it. Would like any and all input about their experiences. Thanks for all your help.

Disney Yankee
01-28-2009, 11:25 AM
We went on a cruise to watch Illuminations a few years ago. It was wonderful!!!

DawsonAR
01-28-2009, 02:17 PM
We have done it and it was wonderful. We will do it again in a couple of years when the kids get a little older.

mouseketeer mom
01-28-2009, 07:18 PM
Yes we have! We got the Pontoon boat for our Wishes cruise, and we got the Breathless for our Illuminations cruise. It was pricey, and very cold (we went in February), but terrific. We scooted around Crescent Lake for about 1/2 hour before illuminations, learned some interesting Disney info (like the workings of illuminations, some Samantha Brown info..it was fun to hear!)..then we "parked" under the bridge for illuminations and had a beautiful view. Bagged snacks and water and sodas were provided, we were also given the option of ordering pizza/cake/chocolate covered strawberries for a price.

Tinkerbelly84
01-29-2009, 12:45 AM
I have never gotten to do this but I would love to.

yjgirl32
01-29-2009, 08:33 AM
I think we are going to try the illuminations boat ride this year. It will be in-laws first time to Disney so I want to make it extra nice for them. Thanks for all your help.

LoriSan
01-29-2009, 12:41 PM
anyone know the approximate cost for this type of thing?

CleveRocks
01-29-2009, 01:45 PM
My IllumiNations cruise in 2 weeks will cost me $300 + tax, plus (optional) tip for the boat captain.

Hayden's Dad
01-29-2009, 01:51 PM
How do you book these?

dtootsie42
01-29-2009, 02:01 PM
We had a 16th birthday celebration for our oldest daughter and had the best time. The trip before hand around the lake was a lot of fun and once we parked under the bridge the Capt. pulled out cake and started to sing happy birthday. The other boats joined in the singing...it was a really magical moment. My daughter is now 21 and still talks about her magical 16th birthday celebration.

Its really fun and terrific experience! :mickey:

Dec. 1997---Contemporary
Dec. 1999--Poly
June 2000--Disneyland
Dec. 2001---Poly Concierge
Dec. 2003---Poly Concierge
Dec. 2005---Poly Concierge
Nov. 2007---Poly Concierge
Oct. 2008--DisneyLand

LoriSan
01-29-2009, 02:20 PM
so you are renting the boat and not paying p/p?

CleveRocks
01-29-2009, 04:02 PM
When you do a boat rental for IllumiNations or Wishes, you pay for the boat, not for the people.

The particular boat we reserved holds up to 10 people. They asked how many in our party, and I told them 4. I asked if I can add more people up to 10, and they said yes, no problem, but I should let them know so they stock the boat with enough snacks and beverages.

I'm considering letting another person and his/her family share this cruise with us (from another message board); if so, he'she will split the cost with me.

For IllumiNations/Wishes cruises, call 407-WDW-PLAY, and choose option 1 for boat rentals.

faline
01-29-2009, 07:49 PM
How do you book these?

Here's information (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/park/cruises.asp) on the cruises and booking.

There are a limited number of boats and the book up almost the instant they are available. You need to be on the phone with resevervations EXACTLY at opening to even have a chance to book unless you get really lucky and call just as they've received a cancellation.

Figaro
01-29-2009, 10:32 PM
I'd assume it's a bit harder to get an Illuminations cruise than a Wishes cruise, just an FYI. I'm a cruise driver based out of Wilderness Lodge, so I drive 7 Seas and Bay Lake Wishes cruises. The Wishes cruises have more boats available since we have boats from up to 5 resorts (up to almost 20 boats...) on the same lake, but Crescent only has Y&B boats, which aren't many (maybe 5 at most, 1 Premium and maybe 3-4 Basic). Either way, both are an awesome unique experience and worth a try! :mickey: As far as letting us know how many people are in your party for drinks and all, we on a normal cruise pack a 6 pack of Sprite, Coke, Diet Coke, and Water and then an assortment of chips for each boat.