PDA

View Full Version : YC-BC bus question

spoiledraf
01-28-2009, 04:34 AM
We will be having breakfast at the Cape May Cafe most mornings and then catch a bus to the MK or AK. As I recall, The busses run through BW, then Swan/Dolphin, then YC followed by BC. With the BC, where we will be staying being last, I thought it best to go from the Cape May to the YC bus stop to assure we have a better chance of getting on a bus and not getting shut out due to it already being full. We have a large group, 6 adults and three little ones. We'll be going the second week of June and I expect it to be quite crowded. Opinions on whether there will be a bus just for YC/BC or am I right that we will be pressing our luck in being the last stop? I'm thinking timing will be involved as well as they run more busses at peak times and we will be gettings off to a rather late start by my standards, probably catching the bus at around 9:45.

Raye3201
01-28-2009, 05:41 AM
We've never had a problem even at the busiest time of the year with buses being so full that we had to wait a long time. Maximum wait time in our experience at BC has been 10-15 minutes. I'm not sure that it would be necessary to get on at the Yacht Club.

UNLIKE the ASM where we once stayed....we waited 45 minutes in the sun, corralled like animals :mad:....never again. The BC service is great.

DizneyRox
01-28-2009, 07:01 AM
I've seen the bus route go BW, then Swan/Dolphin, then YV, then BC, and I've also seen it go Swan/Dolphin, YC, BC then BW. I'm not sure if the first is their new "efficient" route or if it's driver preference.

Regardless, I've never had a problem with a full bus at my BW or BC stays. I tend to stay away from Magic Kigdom though.

Maleficent's Dad
01-28-2009, 08:41 AM
I do not believe you will have a problem getting seats.

We have stayed at the BW and BC numerous times - and over the course of many years. The only times that we have seen buses "shared" with all these resorts (BW, Swan, Dolphin, YC, BC) is on the return trip from the AK.

Buses to AK and MK are shared by YC/BC only.

If they do indeed start sharing with these five resorts for heading to the parks, that would indeed be a problem.

MarkC
01-28-2009, 11:20 AM
I don't recall ever having a problem taking a bus to the parks either. The only times I remember them really crowded is after watching "Wishes" and everyone trying to get a bus back to the resort from the MK. You may have to stand on that one but it should be nothing to worry about.

ChipDale2708
01-28-2009, 12:07 PM
We just stayed at the BC last fall and the only time we had crowd problems was going between the resort and AK. Each way we waited at least 30 minutes for a bus and one morning trying to get to AK there were about 50 people at the BC waiting for a bus - yes all going to the AK. A cast member was there to witness the mob scene but it didn't appear as though she made any calls. And no, it wasn't an early entry day for AK. That was the worst I have ever seen crowds trying to get to a park from a resort. Several people changed their minds and went to another park - what ever bus came along first. I almost did as well, but it was my last day and wanted to finish a couple of things at AK.