PDA

View Full Version : BLT Construction Pics

TinkerbellT421
01-27-2009, 11:59 PM
OK, I have been so busy after getting back from our trip that I still have yet to post my trip reports. But I finally got to upload some BLT construction pics we were able to get one day. Bear with me, this is my first time posting pictures on here. And also, sorry Mods I wasnt really sure where to post this, feel free to move it. Sorry again for any inconveience. But hope these pics help with some of the questions of how the construction is coming along, I know some of you have been asking. But as far as me and DBF could tell things are coming along very nicely. In one of the pictures it appears from the best view possible we could find that the entire inside oval portion of BLT where the parking lot is, it appears to be completely done and no scaffolding present. And on the second to last day we were leaving, we rode the monorail, and the left side of the outside part of the building, scaffoldings were mostly down for the farthest section of rooms.

So here goes: (hope I do this right....:confused:)

http://i360.photobucket.com/albums/oo47/euphoriaxt11/Disney1-6-09to1-16-09033.jpg

http://i360.photobucket.com/albums/oo47/euphoriaxt11/Disney1-6-09to1-16-09023.jpg

http://i360.photobucket.com/albums/oo47/euphoriaxt11/Disney1-6-09to1-16-09019.jpg

http://i360.photobucket.com/albums/oo47/euphoriaxt11/Disney1-6-09to1-16-09018.jpg

Melanie
01-28-2009, 01:06 AM
I am guessing after looking at the pics that BLT means Bay Lake Towers???? Before that, I had no idea. :confused: Please spell out the name with the first use, then abbreviating is fine. A new user or casual Disney fan would possibly think you were talking about a sandwich. ;) Thanks!

Moving to the Disney Vacation Club forum.

Ian
01-28-2009, 07:43 AM
Mel, the BLT abbreviation has been in use (at least in this forum) since they announced the property 5 months ago.

We probably need to get it added to our acronyms dictionary.

Melanie
01-28-2009, 07:48 AM
Mel, the BLT abbreviation has been in use (at least in this forum) since they announced the property 5 months ago.

We probably need to get it added to our acronyms dictionary.

Well, to begin with, this thread was placed in the Vacation Planning Beyond Disney forum. I had no idea, and having no interest whatsoever in Disney Vacation Club, was clueless.

We always ask what I previously mentioned - when first mentioning a ride, property, restaurant, etc., please spell it out first, then acronyms are perfectly acceptable. We need to remember that not everyone is as well versed in everything Disney.

To TinkerbellT421 - I should have mentioned earlier that we really appreciate the photos. Thanks for taking the time out to post them. :thumbsup:

TinkerbellT421
01-28-2009, 08:16 AM
Well, to begin with, this thread was placed in the Vacation Planning Beyond Disney forum. I had no idea, and having no interest whatsoever in Disney Vacation Club, was clueless.

We always ask what I previously mentioned - when first mentioning a ride, property, restaurant, etc., please spell it out first, then acronyms are perfectly acceptable. We need to remember that not everyone is as well versed in everything Disney.

To TinkerbellT421 - I should have mentioned earlier that we really appreciate the photos. Thanks for taking the time out to post them. :thumbsup:

Sorry just force of habit I guess. Sometime I catch myself using the abbreviations with DBF when just talking about it lol. In future I will remember that. And I couldnt figure out where I should have posted the pics. Now I have it noted for future. It was my first time every posting pics so I was way overwhelmed trying to figure it all out! lol. Sorry again. :mickey:

Melanie
01-28-2009, 08:20 AM
It was my first time every posting pics so I was way overwhelmed trying to figure it all out! lol. Sorry again. :mickey:

You did great! Thanks again. Interesting pics. :thumbsup:

Aurora
02-04-2009, 09:30 PM
Love the photos! Thanks!

I still can't figure out where the standard rooms will be though -- will they be on the side facing the Contemporary? It seems that every view will have something to look at.

TinkerbellT421
02-04-2009, 09:55 PM
I dont know where standard view is supposed to be. Maybe the lower parking lot area?? Dont know. But either way I think there is always going to be a descent view. I think the most popular view and hardest to get is the MK view.

RAIDER
02-05-2009, 08:42 AM
Thanks for the piccys ..Its come on a bit since Dec :thumbsup:

gtpooh
02-05-2009, 01:34 PM
Thanks for the pics. We just bought 250 points, and are very excited!

TinkerbellT421
02-05-2009, 01:38 PM
Congratulations and Welcome Home!

RAIDER
02-09-2009, 07:31 AM
By the way i went on YOUTUBE yesterday and if you punch in Disney Bay Lake Towers ,quite a few people have sent in films of its construction for late Jan :thumbsup:

donald-doc
02-25-2009, 08:31 PM
Thanks for sharing.

Just made reservations at "BLT," and told the castmember that I forgot what BLT stood for.... But I knew I wanted it!

Here is what the castmember told me regarding the rooms:

#1 most expensive ($ or points) MK view
#2 Moderate cost ($ or points) LV (lake view, and it could be facing Fort Wilderness OR the Poly)
#3 "standard view (least $$ or points) the rooms look into the courtyard at the pool etc...

Hope this helps!

tjstrike
02-26-2009, 03:49 AM
I haven't seen a points listing for "BLT", how many points are the rooms there ?

Terk24
02-26-2009, 10:12 AM
We were wlaos told that the standard view will be on the lower floors. However, as with A LOT of things with CM's we will hav to find out for sure when it opens!