PDA

View Full Version : writing to cast member?

like2workout
01-27-2009, 11:02 PM
does anyone know how i can send a thank you note to a disney cast member? he works in the animation academy at hollywood studios. thx.

AHOTE
01-28-2009, 12:48 AM
Over twenty years ago I was carded by a member of the wait staff at Hoop-Dee-Doo Revue. She read my drivers licence and it turned out that we shared a birthday. All I had was her first name but the folllowing year I sent a card for her along with a letter to customer relations explaining why I wanted to reach her. Well, they found her, she got the card and was quite surprised, I got one in return and we have been friends ever since. We still exchange cards for holidays, birthdays etc., and we visit whenever I'm at WDW, and she's still at the Hoop-Dee-Doo. Go for it they love getting mail like this.

like2workout
01-28-2009, 08:39 AM
wow, that's amazing! great to hear. do you have any idea of the address for guest relations or know where it's posted?

Marymouse2003
01-28-2009, 09:39 AM
Hi,
I 2 wld love 2 send notes regarding 2 CM's that went above & beyong the call of duty for me with missing pics on photopass, but don't have an address. I have their 1st names only. What do u think, will they find them?

AHOTE
01-28-2009, 11:37 AM
This should get you where you want to be;

Walt Disney World Guest Communications
P.O. Box 10,040
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830-0040

I only had her first name and city from her name tag when I sent my letter along with the envelope and card I was sending for her. Disney got it to her. If it means that much to you to write I believe that they would do their best to see to it that your letter gets delivered. Disney has shown a renewed effort in all aspects of guest relations. This year, as with every year, I wrote an email regarding a number of cast members who helped make my vacation great. Not only did I get a return email but I got a follow up phone call as well. Go for it you have everything to gain by doing so. I think it's great when people take the time to commend others for a job well done. :thumbsup: :mickey:

irish1967
01-28-2009, 09:46 PM
Definitely write to the address above. My dad sent a note regarding a wonderful CM (who we identified by his job, his first name, and city.)

My dad received a phone call at home from Guest Relations stating that the note would be shared with Matthew and that it would be placed in his personnel file as well.

Marymouse2003
01-30-2009, 11:05 AM
Thanks so much for the address. I am a STRONG believer in addressing the Good with the bad. It seems as human beings, we somehow always remember bad treatment, but sumtimes take for granted the good things ppl do for us. I think more ppl shld try to address the good CM's as much as possible. :thumbsup: After working in banking for yrs, seems like centuries, it sure felt good when ppl noticed your efforts of a job well done. It may not get you any $$ with the big wigs, but it sure goes a long way in feel good:cloud9:department. IT lifts your spirits and it's infectious, like a smile. Here's one for ya!:D
God bless,

like2workout
01-30-2009, 02:23 PM
i sent a letter off yesterday - thanks again for the address!

AHOTE
01-30-2009, 04:08 PM
i sent a letter off yesterday - thanks again for the address!

Great, :thumbsup: update us when you get a reply. Good news is always good to share.