PDA

View Full Version : Sanaa

wdwnomad
01-27-2009, 10:29 PM
Did anyone see in another site's newsletter the new restaurant opening in the AKL villas? Below is what was announced. Has anyone heard anything else about it? Sounds like an interesting place.

Sanaa (pronounced sah-NAH), the new table service restaurant at Animal Kingdom Villas' Kidani Village set to open May 1, 2009, will begin taking reservations for Disney Vacation Club Members ONLY (via Member Services) beginning February 16. Named for the Swahili word for "artwork," Sanaa will feature African-inspired cuisine with an Indian touch and will be open for lunch and dinner. The restaurant will serve familiar foods prepared in tandoor ovens, along with slow-cooked specialties showcasing the flavorful spices of Africa.

Non-DVC Members can make reservations at Sanaa beginning February 23 by calling 407-WDW-DINE (939-3463).

Natazu
01-28-2009, 03:41 AM
I know a little about it. Here goes:
Inspired by the African/Indian spice routes, the 120 seat Sanaa will most likely offer traditional Indian and African food. They will offer breakfast and dinner. At this time, it is uncertain whether lunch will be served. The restaurant will also have a cozy 24 seat lounge offering African wines and a full bar. Unconfirmed reports say Sanaa will accept the Disney Dining Plan at 1 TS credit. The name Sanaa literally means "work of art" so executive chef Robert Getchell has a lot to live up to. Chef Robert Getchell, most recently of Flying Fish Cafe, graduated from Johnson and Wales University with a degree in Culinary Arts. He has been with Disney for eight years. He has also worked at Boma, Narsoossee's, Spoodles, 50's and Kona. He is a fan of aromatic spices so I think this will be a good fit.

mouseketeer mom
01-28-2009, 08:15 AM
I read about it in the newsletter and I think it sounds fantastic. We are just missing it this trip, so it'll have to wait for us.

PlutoPlanet
01-31-2009, 09:01 AM
Will Sanaa be on the dining plan?

Tinkermom
02-02-2009, 11:36 AM
Will Sanaa be on the dining plan?

Jym (Natazu) in his post above said "reports say Sanaa will accept the Disney Dining Plan at 1 TS credit."

We are staying at the new DVC Kidani village in July so we may have to give Sanaa a try! :thumbsup:

DisneyGlutton
02-02-2009, 01:38 PM
If I'm going to be in WDW the week it opens, do you think its worth the risk? I've always heard that opening week at a restaurant is best avoided, and I always like to look at the menu here on Intercot beforehand.

But I have to say, the concept is very exciting and enticing! Its about time WDW got some Indian food (Samosas at Rose and Crown don't count!). And they'd better have lunch, they need more good restaurants that do! [Rant over]