PDA

View Full Version : The mad rush to finalize my plans - ressies to make tomorrow come help me!

asrai555
01-27-2009, 09:13 PM
Okay so of course my 180 day mark is tomorrow and I just really haven't had tons of time to think about this as much as I would have liked to.

But this is what I have and I would love to hear your feedback. We are on the DDP but I will need to pay out of pocket for the Hoop Dee Doo.

Keep in mind I am traveling alone with 2 kids 4 + 6. We are staying at AKL

4/28 Jiko 6:30 pm (animal kingdom during the day)

4/29 Crystal Palace bfast 8:15 am (MK in the morning/relax in the pm)

4/30 Liberty Tree Tavern 7:30 (pool in the morning/mk afternoon into nighttime for spectro magic)

5/1 Coral Reef 1:00 Epcot

5/2 Boma Breakfast pool and rest day
Hop Dee Doo

5/3 Animal Kingdom Donald's Safari Breakfast 8:30 Animal Kingdom for the day

5/4 Stick Bfast 9:00 am Magic Kingdom day

5/5 Hang out at pool, pack, go home (boo-hoo)

Thanks for your help!

dfamasb
01-27-2009, 10:23 PM
Aren't all ADR's only being booked 90 days out now??

the other micki
01-27-2009, 11:35 PM
Aren't all ADR's only being booked 90 days out now??

If OP is staying on site, she can book 90 + 10.

asrai555, these look great! You're not staying at Pop, are you? We are, and our trips overlap a bit. Looks like you've planned a nice trip with plenty of swim/rest time.

disneyfan328
01-28-2009, 07:44 AM
all adrs are 90 days except chef Mickey CRT and Victoria and Alberts according the cast memeber I talked to last week as I had called one day too early to make my adrs for our trip beginning 4/24. She said she could to CM, V&A or CRT but for any others I would have to call back the following day - Which I did.

I appears the OP is going end of April beg of May so they are correct at being at their 90 day window. probably just a typo.

asrai555
01-28-2009, 10:02 AM
I made them all this morning! i changed slightly. we are doing ohana's dinner instead of LTT.

Also, I need to really decide if I want to spend the extra money or hoop-de-doo or if I should wait until they are a bit older and will get more of the humor.

I could bag that ressie and go to T-Rex instead (one of my children loves dinosaurs so this could be a hit). We will also be in DTD on that day.

I *think* T-Rex will probably be cheaper than $108.97 which is the cost of hoop de doo tickets for us out of pocket at a category 2 level. If we don't pay out of pocket it is 2 table service credits and I do not want to use 2 TSC for the show.

What do you think Hoop Dee Doo or T-Rex?

asrai555
01-28-2009, 10:05 AM
If OP is staying on site, she can book 90 + 10.

asrai555, these look great! You're not staying at Pop, are you? We are, and our trips overlap a bit. Looks like you've planned a nice trip with plenty of swim/rest time.

We are staying at AKL.

I need a lot of rest time. For both me and the kids sanity. 7 days is plenty of time to take in the magic without burning ourselves out and being miserable. My kids LOVE to swim....and so do I.

Luv Eeyore
01-28-2009, 12:07 PM
I'd opt for T-Rex. We went to Hoop de Doo when DS was 4 and he didn't get much out of it.

the other micki
01-28-2009, 12:28 PM
I would go with T-Rex, especially if you have a dino-lover in the family! I'm interested in doing HDDR also, but decided to pay oop for it next trip, and do T-Rex this time!

mrmcgiv
01-29-2009, 12:59 AM
Isn't Jiko 2 TS..not sure. Mayne you could bag that and do the hoop de doo and pay OOP for one TS meal instead of going to JIKO. Just a thought.

mouseketeer mom
01-29-2009, 07:30 AM
Isn't Jiko 2 TS..not sure. Mayne you could bag that and do the hoop de doo and pay OOP for one TS meal instead of going to JIKO. Just a thought.

I was thinking the same thing. Jiko is 2 table services and more "adult" in feel. I don't know that I would choose Jiko if dining alone with a 4 and 6 year old.

SBETigg
01-29-2009, 07:56 AM
You could wait on Hoop de Doo but don't wait too long. We'd also planned on doing HDD when the kids got older, but we waited too long and they had absolutely no desire for it by the time they were over 11. It was "anything but there!" The idea of the hoke factor was no longer appealing to them. The rest of your plans look great. I love 'Ohana. Jiko is two TS but I think it will be well worth it, and a great, relaxing choice since you are staying at the AKL.