PDA

View Full Version : How much travel time from AKL to Ohana's

asrai555
01-27-2009, 08:50 PM
I would like to go for breakfast, but I don't want to get to the MK terribly late. On the flip side I don't want to wake my children at the crack of dawn and be dealing with cranky kids. How long should I realistically plan to travel from AKL to Ohanas? I assume I take the bus to TTC and then take the monorail?

DisneyHoneymooners
01-28-2009, 09:17 AM
We do this often. Your plan however wont work there is no bus that run directly to the transportation center. You will have to take the epcot bus and catch the monorail there or I would suggest taking the bus from AKL to magic kingdom and getting on the monorail there. That's how we do it. I would allow 40 minutes from the bus top to the Poly. Hope that helps.

SBETigg
01-28-2009, 09:36 AM
I believe there are some early buses to resorts for breakfasts, but I could be wrong. It's about a 20 minute ride once you catch a bus, but that can take some time. The standard Disney rule of thumb we use when busing anywhere is to plan for it to take an hour. If you want to alleviate concern over that, I would take a cab. Sometimes saving yourself the hassle is worth the extra cost. If the MK is in operating hours, you would bus to MK then boat launch or monorail over to the Polynesian.

I would plan to try to eat and make it to the MK within a half hour of opening, but you say you don't want to wake the kids early. How early is too early depends on your family, but it is nice to eat before MK opening and then be in the park for the earlier hours before big crowds come in.

MicMouse
01-28-2009, 09:45 AM
We stayed at the Poly and had ressies at Jiko, so I guess this is the reverse :mickey:

The Concierge staff at the Poly told us to allow 40 minutes at the very least if taking the bus to AKL, or about 20 minutes by cab. We drove our own car, so we opted to drive ourselves. I am not sure what taxi fare would be, but it would probably be worth the extra $ for savings on time.

Enjoy your trip!

ThanxForNoticin
01-28-2009, 01:51 PM
You should check with guest services at AKL, but unless you are going extremely early, I think your best bet is to take the short bus ride to the Animal Kingdom (assuming the buses are running when you go) and then catch a bus directly to the Poly. To be safe, you should always allow 45-60 minutes when taking buses between resorts. If you go to AK, you'll already be at the bus depot to catch your next bus. If you go to MK, you might need to walk all the way to the monorail station to get a monorail to the Poly.

Hull-onian
01-29-2009, 10:35 AM
I would like to go for breakfast, but I don't want to get to the MK terribly late. On the flip side I don't want to wake my children at the crack of dawn and be dealing with cranky kids. How long should I realistically plan to travel from AKL to Ohanas? I assume I take the bus to TTC and then take the monorail?

Take a taxi. It is quick and convienent. It is inexpensive. You will be there in no time. It is worth it. :car:

mouseketeer mom
01-29-2009, 10:40 AM
I would allow an hour to play it safe. Its been our hard learned lesson that it always takes longer to get somewhere using Disney transportation than you think.
When we travel from resort to resort, we always take a taxi. It is fairly inexpensive, and very quick, and has saved many a headache. That is the only way we travel between resort to resort. We use Disney transportation for everything else.

buzznwoodysmom
01-29-2009, 11:06 AM
I would recommend taking a taxi as well. We've traveled from AKL to WL and it ended up costing around $20 for the taxi, including the tip. To me it is well worth the cost not to have the headache of waking the kids up early and figuring out the best way to get there on time.

asrai555
01-29-2009, 10:26 PM
My kids are 4 + 6 and need car seats. That kinda puts the taxi idea out the window for me i think.