PDA

View Full Version : Free Parking?

chefmickey3
01-27-2009, 08:25 PM
I should know this, but is parking for the parks included in either the DVC membership or for AP holders? Thanks for your help.

faline
01-27-2009, 08:33 PM
I know it's included for annual passholders and since it's included at all Disney resorts, I suspect it would be included for DVC resorts as well.

JPL
01-27-2009, 09:21 PM
Yes your KTTW card will give you free parking at the parks so as long as you are staying on property parking is free..
But also with your DVC card you get free valet parking at the resorts something that is often overlooked

DizneyRox
01-27-2009, 10:24 PM
I assume you mean Theme Park Free Parking: AP holders anytime or resort guests as far as I know. DVC Members staying on site would get free parking as they are resort guests. But just being a DVC member doesn't get you free theme park parking. It does get you gree valet at the resorts (you are still expected to tip however)

Mrs Bus Driver
01-28-2009, 09:33 AM
But also with your DVC card you get free valet parking at the resorts something that is often overlooked
Wow! Didn't know about the free valet parking at the resorts sounds like a nice perk to me.:mickey: Thanks for the info :D

dlpmikki
01-28-2009, 12:03 PM
Its only free valet at resorts which have a DVC part so AKL, Boardwalk etc.

chefmickey3
01-28-2009, 01:43 PM
So, if you are staying off-property but have an Annual Pass you can park at the transportation center for free?

Thanks again!

ThanxForNoticin
01-28-2009, 01:43 PM
Its only free valet at resorts which have a DVC part so AKL, Boardwalk etc.

That is correct - only resorts that have DVC villas. I assume that will also be in effect for CR in the next few months.

hubbyofadisneyholic
01-28-2009, 03:27 PM
So, if you are staying off-property but have an Annual Pass you can park at the transportation center for free?

Thanks again!

You can park free at any of the theme parks. :thumbsup:

Ian
01-28-2009, 07:28 PM
A word to the wise about the whole "free valet parking with DVC thing" ... I've had a lot of trouble with that. A lot of trouble.

Whenever I valet park at the Beach Club or Boardwalk to go to like Beaches 'n' Cream or just browse the shops, I always tell them I'm DVC and they always go, "No problem, Mr. Mitchell."

I tip valet's what I think is generously (normally 5 bucks) and yet I would say at least 50% of the time the $10 valet charge shows up on my hotel room bill.

I encourage everyone to check their bill's closely on check-out if you try to valet park "for free" at any of the DVC resorts.

One CM actually told my Mom, "Oh, we don't pay attention to that. We just charge the rooms and if people pay, they pay."

Lovely ...

tinkerbell04
02-03-2009, 11:55 AM
A word to the wise about the whole "free valet parking with DVC thing" ... I've had a lot of trouble with that. A lot of trouble.

Whenever I valet park at the Beach Club or Boardwalk to go to like Beaches 'n' Cream or just browse the shops, I always tell them I'm DVC and they always go, "No problem, Mr. Mitchell."

I tip valet's what I think is generously (normally 5 bucks) and yet I would say at least 50% of the time the $10 valet charge shows up on my hotel room bill.

I encourage everyone to check their bill's closely on check-out if you try to valet park "for free" at any of the DVC resorts.

One CM actually told my Mom, "Oh, we don't pay attention to that. We just charge the rooms and if people pay, they pay."

Lovely ...

I have had that happen to us once as well. We have used the DVC valet often and I guess we have been lucky not to have had it happen as often as Ian. But, definitely a good thing to check when you get your bill.

dlpmikki
02-03-2009, 12:48 PM
Strange. All I do is show them my DVC membership card (not the room card) and that is that. Never ever been charged.

Maleficent's Dad
02-03-2009, 07:59 PM
Strange. All I do is show them my DVC membership card (not the room card) and that is that. Never ever been charged.
:ditto:
Same here. Sorry to read about those issues, Ian. BTW, how in the world do the valets get your room number if you're at a different resort??? :confused: We've driven over to different places, and just show our DVC card as we get out of the car. Nowhere is our room number recorded...

DizneyRox
02-03-2009, 08:08 PM
I would guess by the parking pass on the window... I know it at least has the check-in/check-out dates, probably a reservation number too that can be charged back.