PDA

View Full Version : Timing for Donald's Safari Breakfast?

hope23
01-27-2009, 06:05 PM
Hello all- I'm about to make ADR's for our trip and I'm trying to figure out the best time to make our morning breakfast reservations. Does anyone know how much before the park opens that breakfast starts? How early do busses run... and if your ressies are before that, do you have to take cab? Do you recommend adr's right away or wait until later in the morning? Thanks!

sassy2000
01-27-2009, 06:12 PM
Breakfast starts at 8am. We were there in Dec and had 8:05 ressies. Worked out perfect because we were done by 9:00 and headed straight to Safari in front of the wave of people coming in the front gate.:mickey:

brian2000boston
01-27-2009, 06:17 PM
For Donald's Safari Breakfast we went with one of the later adr times. It worked out real well for us because we got a chance to eat breakfast but also while we were there the switch over took place to lunch and we got to eat lunch before we left. If they switch while you are there, there isnt a charge for lunch it is covered by the breakfast charge. It was a good way to get variety and we were good for most of the day and had a small late dinner!! :thumbsup:

One last thing about a later adr. When we were there we found that first thing in the morning was the best time for the safari as this seemed to be a very active time for the animals, dont want to be eating while they are active!!! the rhinos held us up for almost 10 m inutes, they did not want to move. We were lucky and our son held the rope during the opening ceremony and we got expedited to the safari truck and got to pick the best seats on the vehicle, the back seat, and got to be the ones to interrupt the roaming rhinos! :blush:

Speedy1998
01-27-2009, 06:48 PM
Disney transportation always starts running early enough to get you to breakfast in the parks. Even if it is before the parks open.

Suz36
01-27-2009, 07:11 PM
We love to have the first ADR of the morning. It is so cool to wander through the park with hardly anyone there! Last year I was literally the first guest in DHS - it was one of the highlights of our trip!

Pete Olsen
01-27-2009, 07:17 PM
Last June, we had an 8:20am ADR for Donald's Breakfast. There were 9 of us coming from two different resorts. We had no transportation problems. We arrived in plenty of time for pictures before being seated. An early ADR gets your day started on a great note without breaking up your day too much.

As with any ADR or scheduled event at Disney, you need to allow plenty of time for transportation. We thought about a cab, but it wasn't necessary. So often you get nervous and worry that you aren't going to make it, but some how the Disney Magic usually doesn't let you down.

katzctkpt
01-27-2009, 07:20 PM
....we love ADR's prior to the park actually opening....however in doing so, it's not that great a deal to eat real fast cause they will not allow you to the big rides till the park opens....we had to wait behind a rope for EE after eating at Donald's....actually though, they did walk us behind the rope very close to EE and we rode it twice as the "masses" were beating a path to us....:mickey:

antnyh
01-27-2009, 10:47 PM
We do Donald's safari each time we go. We always do the earliest ress since it allows us to be the first in the park. This gives you plenty of time to eat and take photos and then get out and enjoy a nice walk with no one there!! It is very serene. Of course since EE has opened we usually go that way and get in line. Have fun!!

yjgirl32
01-28-2009, 09:06 AM
I too was thinking of making reservations for Donald's. Thank you so much for asking that ? and for all the wonderful replies.

Beast_fanatic
01-28-2009, 12:14 PM
We had an 8:05am ressie on our trip in December. We were the first ones to arrive, the first ones to be seated, and I think the first ones done. We waited at the rope for the safari and we were on the first truck of the day, and then headed across the park and got right into the first Nemo show of the day.

As far as the buses, we got right on one about 7:20am and were at the front of the turnstyles for entry into the park (I was the first person to get in actually).