PDA

View Full Version : July crowds

pidge9101
01-27-2009, 04:15 PM
I'm going to disney for my honeymoon and will be there around the third week of July. I've never been to Disney in July, because I usually schedule my trips around the value seasons. I know July is an extremely hot and humid month there, but can anyone tell me what the crowds are like??

Thank you!

KylesMom
01-27-2009, 04:28 PM
Actually, the third week of July at a deluxe resort is considered "value season". However, to answer your question, the parks will be BUSY - with many foreign tour groups from Brazil and the like. While it doesn't really seem hotter to us than June, we definitely have noticed that the crowds are higher at this time. Utilize FP, keep hydrated & know your limits - take a break when you're ready. We alternate between July and June to get two annual summer trips out of one A/P, and we definitely can tell a June trip from a July trip. At the very least, we participate in morning EMH at MK and AK, and usually take a break in the afternoon when the crowds are at their "snarkiest".

Don't get me wrong - we enjoy every trip to Disney. However, July can be more frustrating than June due to the sometimes loud/rude/obnoxious tour groups.

On the Pro side, you won't have to pay the $5 per person surcharge for the buffets and character meals!

coloradowendyl
01-27-2009, 05:08 PM
I was there last July and did not find the crowds bad at all. We utilized the night EMH quite a bit and found that a great strategy for the "groups" was to scan the crowd for them and then go in the opposite direction! It is not too hard to find the groups, especially last year! One group was dressed in neon yellow tshirts and spanex bike shorts...the entire GROUP! You could spot the "walking Bananas" from quite a distance!

Wendy