PDA

View Full Version : Purchasing Gallons of Water

animalkingdomguy
01-27-2009, 08:42 AM
I will be staying at POR in September. Can you purchase gallons of drinking water at the general store? As an alternative are there any locations on property that have this item available? My family does not like the water fountains and I don't like the cost of water by the bottle in the parks.

Thanks in advance for the help.

disneymom15
01-27-2009, 09:20 AM
How about the water from the soda machines at the food courts? You could fill your empty bottle there.

DizneyRox
01-27-2009, 09:47 AM
I don't recall seeing gallons in most of the stores. I will tell you though the store at Fort Wilderness DOES have them.

Water from the soda machines is just local waer as well so I can't recommend that either. Florida water seems to be a bit of a hot topic that comes up every so often. I'll say that I don't blame you for driking bottled water.

thrillme
01-27-2009, 01:18 PM
Have you thought about getting one of those Brittia Water Pitchers. They filter out a lot of the funky stuff in tap water. Chill it and it's pretty good and cheap.

tiggerandpooh63
01-28-2009, 08:43 PM
we went to the hess gas station right on property and bought a case of bottled water for $5. I didn't see gallons of water.

Marceline
01-29-2009, 03:15 AM
We bought a few gallons of good spring water at the WL mercantile during our stay. My DH has to have his spring water, doesn't do drinking fountain or tap water either. :D

SO it is available on property, but I am unable to speak specifically of POR. I would imagine any DVC property would have it at their general stores.

thumperbug
01-29-2009, 07:04 PM
I've bought water by the gallon at most resorts we have stayed at but they tend to sell out fast and we end up having to buy the 1.5 liter bottles of dasani. Even though it is bottled water, it still tastes different to me then the bottled water we get at home. I can't stand the taste of the water to even brush my teeth. But it is all about what you are used to.

animalkingdomguy
01-30-2009, 08:00 AM
Thanks for the help everyone. Your Great. :number1:

Marymouse2003
01-30-2009, 11:55 AM
Hi,
I use a CPAP @ night for sleep apnea. I order distilled water by the gallon from Garden Grocer. They were once a sponsor here & that's how I got turned on 2 them. Has worked out great. Also order cases of bottled water & soda, along with any other things we don't want to pack. Snacks, air freshner, fruits, etc. Just anything that you wld use & less costly than single purchases of things on property. I place the order on line starting about a mth b4 we go and they deliver to us. Its worked out GREAT. PM me if you have any other ?'s. Happy to help. Good luck and ENJOY!:D
God bless,

greengeen
01-30-2009, 07:37 PM
Okay, as a Florida resident I have to take exception. It is NOT Florida water that is the problem. It is the Orlando municipal water, which has a sulphurous taste and smell. Not all Florida water is bad. In other parts of Florida you can find some of the cleanest, sweetest water on the continent. Just FYI.

Marceline
01-31-2009, 03:52 AM
Okay, as a Florida resident I have to take exception. It is NOT Florida water that is the problem. It is the Orlando municipal water, which has a sulphurous taste and smell. Not all Florida water is bad. In other parts of Florida you can find some of the cleanest, sweetest water on the continent. Just FYI.

:) Nothing against Florida water, we have no issue with Florida water per se. My husband just prefers spring water to ANY source of municipal water, no matter where we are.

gueli
01-31-2009, 04:34 AM

Just my 2 cents-
yes florida water can be perfectly fine & not have a sulphuric taste. However, your comment on the sweetest water on the continent ???
Not according to many taste tests. Usualy the northeast wins many of these taste tests. and by the way- the water is the reason that Pizza & bagels and breadproducts from the new york area are known as some of the finest in the world.
Hope I do not offend....

asrai555
01-31-2009, 06:48 AM
this thread is great. i have a refillable water bottle but i was wondering about the tap water. i thought that getting groceries delivered would be cost prohibitive but just doing a quick tally in my head i can easily order $50 worth of groceries and it will be much cheaper than buying breakfast and water each day.

Marymouse2003
02-01-2009, 04:08 AM
We load up frig with water and sodas. Each of us takes a water and soda for the day. Much less $$ than buying those things in park cuz we're buying in bulk. That bag from Garden Grocer was actually a Costco bag. Like I said, we need the Distilled for Medcl use and we order anything else that we cld use in rm or bring with us on grounds. I hope this helps.
:D

mom2morgan
02-01-2009, 03:12 PM

Oh, I'm sorry. I hadn't realized there was any more Florida outside of Orlando ;-) Just kidding, of course, but we "Disney Nuts" do tend to kind of generalize "Florida" as "Disney" :blush:

PAYROLL PRINCESS
02-01-2009, 06:40 PM
We had water delivered from Staples. I don't like Dasani water either, they add chemicals to it if I remember right. At $2.00+ for a bottle of water in the park it was worth it to have it delivered.