PDA

View Full Version : Extra Magic Hours at Water Parks every Morning?

deva
01-27-2009, 07:52 AM
I just read this from the new Disney website regarding EMH. The big bold letters are the relevant part:

Extra Magic Hours

Extended Disney Park hours, known as Extra Magic Hours, offer Guests of select Walt Disney World Resort hotels the unique opportunity to enjoy additional time in Disney Theme Parks—above and beyond the standard operating schedule—at no extra charge.
Each day, one of the 4 Walt Disney World Theme Parks opens one hour early or remains open up to 3 hours after regular Park closing time. Additionally, Disney Water Parks offer Extra Magic Hours every morning.

Does anyone know anything about this?

Here's the link:

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/plan/calendar/extramagichours/

BMan62
01-27-2009, 08:02 AM
Disney has now made it possible to go to the water parks one hour before official opening to the public, IF you get the Water Park Fun and More option on your Magic Your Way ticket and are staying in a Disney resort.

This is a change from 1) one of the two water parks having Morning EMH, not both and 2) only having Morning EMH at a water park during peak times.

conwayjohn71
01-27-2009, 08:27 AM
So if we are staying at a Disney Resort, but do not buy the water park and more option, We are not allowed access an hour early?

DisneyHoneymooners
01-27-2009, 10:11 AM
I have to say I'm so glad they decided to do this, we love getting in early and finding a great spot before the rush.

BMan62
01-27-2009, 12:43 PM
So if we are staying at a Disney Resort, but do not buy the water park and more option, We are not allowed access an hour early?

I would assume that if you had a valid water park pass (the $40 BB or TL ticket or PAP,) you would be able to get in early if you were staying on property.

WDWFanatic
01-28-2009, 10:53 AM
Do you think this will be from no on, or just during the busier times? We are going the last week in April, and while I don't think we could get their much earlier than 10 am, I could shoot for 9:30 to snag a spot like others have said.

ThanxForNoticin
01-28-2009, 01:33 PM
Actually, this is not completely new. I don't know if it's seasonal and just done during busier times, but it is pretty nice for resort guests who are planning to spend a few hours or full day at the water parks - first chance to get your towels and chairs in a good location. I know a couple years ago when we were down, the EMH hours were available each morning.