PDA

View Full Version : Mar 23-30th Good or Bad?

FrstWDWTrip09
01-26-2009, 08:59 PM
Hello everyone,
I saw that some of you have been going to Disney for quite some time and knew i just had to join.

My Question: Mar 23rd to the 30th is when we plan to go to WDW, is this a good time to go? we had orininally planned on the 2nd-9th but funding fell thru and we couldn't meet the "30 days before you show up" rule.I've read that this time is very busy and one can expect to wait up to 2 hours at some of the popular attractions, we're going to have two 6 year old boys with us and i'm sure the wait will nearly kill them. Any info would be appreciated.:mickey:

sassy2000
01-26-2009, 10:33 PM
It will probably be busy during that time due to spring break. Your best bet is to decide which attractions are the most important to your family and hit those 1st. Get to the parks at opening time and you will not have as long wait times for some of your rides. My 4yr old & 2 yr old love all rides in Fantasyland @ MK. We get there at opening, head straight to Fantasyland and can ride Peter Pan, Small world, Pooh, Snow White, Dumbo, and the carosel in the 1st hour.
Also, utilize fastpass as much as possible. This will cut your wait time significantly. Have fun :mickey:

badkitty
01-27-2009, 01:30 AM
:welcome:

Since you are staying on property, try to take advantage of EMH in the mornings. The extra hour before the park official opens is a lot of fun and you can accomplish a lot with little to no wait time.

tjstrike
01-27-2009, 01:47 AM
This is the week that we will be there and reading the post "When is your spring break", it dosen't seem like a whole lot of people have spring break that week. Made me feel a little better actually. (I'm not real big on crowds)

FrstWDWTrip09
01-27-2009, 06:34 PM
I'm with you TJ, not big on huge crowds either. I'm just concerned about the boys chomping at the bit waiting to ride. Not too mention the adults, LOL We're gonna be like kids again and the anticipation and waiting will certainly kill us too. I feel a trip to any Disney park should be a memorable and most enjoyable trip, and waiting in line for Hours is not the kind of memorable we're looking for. Thanks to those who've posted thus far, we will certainly take advantage of FastPass whenever we can, and our schedule (which park which day) revolves around EMH. Thanks.

DreamFinder2
01-27-2009, 06:39 PM
My DW and I nearly alwasy go during this time (3-4th week in March) and you should expect crowds, but not close-down-the-park type crowds. Waits for most attractions are in the 45-90 minute range during afternoon "peak" times. We really try to hit the parks in the morning and evening and head back to enjoy our resort during the busier afternoon times at the parks.

cindchan
01-27-2009, 08:00 PM
I hope it's a good time, as I'll be there from Mar 19 to Mar 26. :thumbsup:

AXOAlum
01-28-2009, 09:36 PM
We're going March 21-28. We haven't been in March before, so don't know what to expect. We usually go in September - when we first started that, crowds were very low, but the past couple of years have seen a lot of growth. We'll be keeping our fingers crossed!

FrstWDWTrip09
02-01-2009, 01:30 AM
No Worries, we will be at WDW Mar 2nd - 9th, i'm sure it will be a tad busy but not as busy as the last week of March (or at least we're hoping) Again thanks for all the posts and Information, i'll be sure to come back with more questions should i have any, And most certainly post about how our trip went.:mickey:

chrisNC
02-03-2009, 03:01 PM
I always say "go when it's hot or go when it's crowded, but don't go when it's both hot and crowded." The parks will be crowded, but the weather will not be hot. You'll have a great time. Just keep your expectations in check, take breaks away from the parks to relax, and get a good touring plan.