PDA

View Full Version : Newbie Questions

hlkeck
01-26-2009, 06:21 PM
We are taking our first Disney Cruise Oct 18-22. There is much I have learned from these boards, but still a little unsure and have a few questions:

I am trying to figure out what night makes the most sense to book at Palo, assuming I have a choice!(I intend to book as early as I can). From what I can surmise, nights 2 and 3 are at the same restaurant, is this correct? And one of those nights is likely to be the pirate night? Is there a way to know which? My goal would be to book Palo so that I get to try all 3 of the regular restaurants once each AND go to the Pirate night with the kids. If anyone has enough incite to say, like, book night 2 and you won't miss anything - that would be great!

Also, on the 4 night cruises, is there a set night that is the formal night?

Thanks for any help - we are quite excited and got one of the secret porthole rooms that I found before I booked! I'm sorta a big planner when it comes to vacations and don't want to miss anything fun!

TammiMcMan
01-26-2009, 11:36 PM
From what I can surmise, nights 2 and 3 are at the same restaurant, is this correct?Currently, yes you do repeat the same restuarant on the 2nd and 3rd night. The menu is different though.

And one of those nights is likely to be the pirate night? Is there a way to know which?You board on Sunday and Pirate night is currently on Monday night. Irregardless of which restaurant you're assigned to, the menu will be the same. You'll repeat the same restaurant on Tuesday night, but with their own unique menu.

My goal would be to book Palo so that I get to try all 3 of the regular restaurants once each AND go to the Pirate night with the kids.Not alot happens in the restaurant on Pirates night, unless as a family, you all want to get dressed up in costumes and go all out. If not, you could eat in Palo early Monday night, have the kids eat with the kids club, then go up to the deck party as a family.

Also, on the 4 night cruises, is there a set night that is the formal night?There's no formal night on the 3 or 4 night cruises. There is something called "dress up night", which would be Tuesday.

I'm sorta a big planner when it comes to vacations and don't want to miss anything fun!The folks here can offer you a lot of help with planning and I'd also suggest picking up the Passports guide to DCL. It's a great guide, loaded with fabulous information.

hlkeck
01-27-2009, 07:06 PM
Thanks so much! That was very helpful and it does sound like it makes more sense to go to Palo on pirate night!

Wish me luck - and I will pick up that guide - I've been meaning to for weeks!