PDA

View Full Version : appetizers and DDP

readytogo2
01-26-2009, 03:42 PM
is it ok to order an appetizer as your meal if you are on DDP?

TinkerbellT421
01-26-2009, 03:56 PM
No, you cannot replace the desert for appetizer or anything like that. You cannot even use a snack credit for an appetizer. And it would be a horrible waste of money to use an entire Dinner Credit for just an appetizer. A dinner credit worth about 25.00 to buy a maybe a 8.00 appetizer? You can purchase an appetizer with your dinner but you have to pay for the appetizer OOP. Hoep this helps. You didn't really describe what exactly you were looking to do, so I am assuming you meant spend a dinner credit for an appetizer.

readytogo2
01-26-2009, 04:03 PM
what i was getting at is can i order the wings or nacho at espn club as my meal.

TinkerbellT421
01-26-2009, 04:08 PM
I dont believe you can. It would technically be cheaper for you to pay OOP for that type. But I was not allowed to use any type of credit for the appetizers. I ate there a few weeks ago. Had the Chowder. I dont believe they will allow you to use it. We were told that the computer system actually will not accept things that are not allowed through the plan itself and if its not an item pre-programmed in the computer it wont take it. We weren't able to buy the small jugs of milk as a snack credit either. Computer wouldnt allow it through. So in short the answer is no.

bob6572
02-01-2009, 10:30 AM
No you have to order an entree as a meal. No subs. They are strict about it.

Natazu
02-01-2009, 01:15 PM
Basically, here's how it works. The ordering system at Disney non-AYCE restaurants will allow the server to enter any food item as a dining plan entry. The management at each restaurant instructs the servers what they can do and some of them even listen. If you want an appetizer instead of an entree, just ask. I'm not sure about ESPN Club since it's privately owned. Their phone number is (407) 939-1177 if you want to ask a manager beforehand (I highly recommend not calling today ;) )