PDA

View Full Version : Boardwalk - Refrigerator upon request?

MizMissy
01-26-2009, 01:26 PM
I was looking at booking our next Disney trip and thinking about the Boardwalk (the Beach Club's pool is being refurbed at the time). On the description, it says that refrigerator is available "upon request."
Really? They charge that much per night and it's only available upon request?
Does anyone know if this is true? If so, can you request it at the time of booking? Will it take long to be brought to the room? Also, I am assuming (very bold of me, I know) it's available at no extra charge?

Thanks for the answers!

KylesMom
01-26-2009, 03:58 PM
The only room class that Disney charges refrigerators for are value resorts. You should have a refrigerator in your room upon check-in at no cost to you.

If there is not one in the room, just punch the button on the phone marked "Mousekeeping" and they will deliver to you. :mickey: We've never arrived in a deluxe room without one.

CleveRocks
01-26-2009, 05:01 PM
The website is WAAAAY out of date there. ALL Moderate and Deluxe resorts have had refrigerators standard in every rom since 2005.

No need to request one. It would be sort of like requesting a TV. Or carpeting. Or a bathroom. You get the idea.:mickey:

beksy
01-26-2009, 10:03 PM
No need to request one. It would be sort of like requesting a TV. Or carpeting. Or a bathroom.

A bathroom??? LOL...That is too funny! It immediately brought to mind parents wandering around the Poly at 1 a.m. :search:holding their toddler's hand and saying "no, we have to find the outhouse with Minnie carved in it!" :funny: :rotfl: :laughing: :silly:

LisaMarie
01-29-2009, 04:05 AM
just returned from the Boardwalk a few days ago. The room was recently renovated and very nice, Refrigerator was standard. I don't think you would need to request one. The new bedding was very comfortable - more like other four star hotels with the duvet encased in two sheets so you know that everything you touch has been laundered, We had a great room on the 5th floor - 5274- with a view of France in Epcot. We could see the fireworks from our balcony and we only paid for a standard view room.