PDA

View Full Version : Disney official calendar info

5togetherWDW
01-26-2009, 12:47 PM
I always check the calendars (here and at Disney's site) several times before each trip -- to watch for changes. When I clicked over today, I found Disney's "new" version of their calendar. I'm not sure when it switched over -- but they are listing park hours verticaly by date -- going down 10 days at a time (for all the parks.)
In this version of the calendar -- I can't find any listing of parades / entertainment. Are they no longer publically saying which days will have Fantasmic, SpectroMagic, etc. ? Or, am I missing some link on their site?
I tried "search" ing for the different events - but stil no times / dates. Anyone know if the info still there somewhere?

Goofeygal
01-26-2009, 01:49 PM
I have found the samething. I do not like the new version of the calander because like you I can't find rehabs clousers or none of that.:mad:

disneyfan328
01-26-2009, 01:51 PM
I agree this is so very very frustrating. It also takes FOREVER to even bring up what is there. don't they realize that those of us that come there ( or at least the majority of people ) need to plan out our days????? Hello - we can't do that without all of the info. I am really annoyed with this whole thing right now.

silentbob
01-26-2009, 03:29 PM
Not to mention the fact that the old calendar had park hours around 6 months out, and the new version seems to cut off in April. I've got a May trip coming up and no way to plan ahead.

buzznwoodysmom
01-26-2009, 05:47 PM
I really hate the new calendar. I liked being able to look at the whole month. I hope this doesn't work well for them and they switch it back.

Daisy'sMom
01-26-2009, 07:31 PM
I thought I was the only one who hated it!

silentbob
01-26-2009, 07:59 PM
You're definitely not the only one. It's hard to plan when you want to visit when you have to keep looking at different pages. I prefer to look at the park hours here or on other unofficial sites to really plan a trip.

ThanxForNoticin
01-26-2009, 08:16 PM
VERY, VERY difficult to use the new calendars. They are slow, hard to navigate, and seem to be missing a lot of information. I wanted to find times for parades and fireworks in Feb, and couldn't get the info. I hope it improves.

kakn7294
01-26-2009, 10:33 PM
Add me to the list of those who hate it! I also can't find rehabs / closures, fireworks and parade times, special event info, etc.

Tink#64
01-26-2009, 11:05 PM
I thought I was the only one who hated it!

:ditto: :mad: It's very annoying! I'm an extreme planner & need that info! I plan everything around park hours, parades, etc! This is like flying blind! :thedolls:

Belle619
01-27-2009, 08:44 AM
Yes, I too hate the new version!!! I went on there yesterday to make sure I knew when all the days events were for my trip next week and I couldn't find any of the parade/fireworks times! It was so frustrating that I gave up after about 10 minutes!!!!

betteratmk
01-27-2009, 09:08 AM
:fit: the new site is terrible, we leave on March 1, and I can't find anything:mad:

Dragongirlx
01-27-2009, 09:17 AM
You could try the UK version. its still using the old calendar which shows the whole month and its easy to find the rehabs and special events.
It does only go up to April though

silentbob
01-27-2009, 09:33 AM
Anyone have any idea why May hours are not out yet? We're going May 23-30, and I can't really plan very well without knowing what park hours are going to be.

chrisie703
01-27-2009, 11:42 AM
The old calendar is still there, just hard to get to. Under "Discover", select a park, then scroll down to the calendar link. And you cannot "jump" from one park calendar to another. On this page some calendars only go to mid April.

disneyfan328
01-27-2009, 02:53 PM
I called Disney about this today as I was concerened that with the new calendar the 30th of April had disappeared. The CM that I spoke to went over the hours/parades/events that she lists for the 30th and they matched up to what I had. She stated she is not sure what the deal is with the 30th no longer showing up but that it probably had something to do with the update. As far as May hours she checked and they don't have them either. She told me to try back in 2 weeks????? I explained about needing to make ADR's as we are going 4/24 - 5/2 and my 90 day window was this past Saturday she said that she understands but there is little they can do until Disney big wigs release them.

DixieBelle
01-27-2009, 08:40 PM
Add me to the list of those who hate it! I also can't find rehabs / closures, fireworks and parade times, special event info, etc.

Add me to the list.
I was just going to ask where to look for that information......Not Happy!!....... :mad:

5togetherWDW
02-02-2009, 07:54 PM
The old calendar is still there, just hard to get to. Under "Discover", select a park, then scroll down to the calendar link. And you cannot "jump" from one park calendar to another. On this page some calendars only go to mid April.

I have tried this - but still can't make it work. I sure hope they bring back the information -- this is driving me batty !

Those of you who are able to see the WDW calendar this way -- does it somewhere list which days Fantasmic, Spectromagic, and the like are showing? (I'm wondering if they are hiding the dates in the hopes to change attendance or something . . .)

WDWdriver
02-02-2009, 08:26 PM
You can find easy to read listings of park hours, Extra Magic Hours, parades and fireworks right here in Intercot's Info Central. The month of May is now posted.