PDA

View Full Version : buy 4 for get 3 deal extended again?

disneyfan328
01-26-2009, 11:58 AM
Not sure if anyone else noticed but I was online checking park hours (since I read here that april 30th hours had been removed) and I also see that the buy 4 get three free deal has been extended again????

It now says you can book through March 24th???? Are bookings really that far off that Disney is extending this or is it that this really isn't a good deal so no one is biting??? All I keep hearing people say is that they have never seen this many discounts or codes for Disney before. I am wondering just how bad the economy is if thats the case.

I am annoyed that the hours for the 30th are down as that is the day we hope to go to DHS to catch fantasmic. If they take if off and don't have a showing on this day it is going to screw up my whole week worth of plans and ADR's. I still need May hours as well as we are not leaving until 5/2. Here's hoping that the parks will be manageable while we are there and that those may hours come out soon!!!!

conwayjohn71
01-26-2009, 12:08 PM
We took the deal, it made us go from a moderate to a deluxe in June and we still saved a couple of dollars

Tinkerbelly84
01-26-2009, 01:47 PM
I also noticed that they extended the promotion for the third time now. I booked mine in November when they first announced it. Now you can book until some time in March. I wonder if that means that people just aren't booking as many trips right now or if Disney is just trying to cash in as much as they can.

BigRedDad
01-26-2009, 02:14 PM
The simple fact of the matter is that this economy is devastating. There will be no quick turn-around. Even when it does turn, the spending habits of the people will be altered for years if not decades. People are simply not going to go in debt like they have before, credit will not be easily attainable, and consumer resentment will take a long time to heal. I think WDW is finally feeling the effects.

Iluvpooh
01-26-2009, 02:21 PM
Yeah-Less people during my trip.:thedolls:
Sorry-Couldn't help it.
That being said, I wouldn't be surprised to see the booking window extended so that Disney can take advantage of people getting thier tax money during that time frame.
Kind of like how used car lots will "cash" your refund check for free during Feb-April.

hokies4life
01-27-2009, 08:56 AM
I would be happier if they had extended the bookable dates for the promotion, not how long you have to book. We're making a trip right before easter so we don't qualify, and a trip in August so we don't qualify. If I wasn't in classes we could go at the less busy times of the year, but for the next 2 years (until I finish nursing school) thats what we have to work with.

junedis
01-28-2009, 09:23 AM
With the 4/3 deal and the low airfare ($79 each way from Pittsburgh), we thought it made a difference. For what we paid for the Wl in total last year (Flights, meals, tickets and lodging) we were able to book the Grand Floridian for only $50 more total. We booked as I doubt we'll ever be able to have it work that way again.:mickey:

LarryBoy
01-28-2009, 10:00 AM
I'm hoping they extend or expand the dates as well. We are going in late July, and I could really use that discount. I know they won't include the weeks around the 4th of July, but value season for the deluxe resorts begins July 19th. Which is why we are arriving at the WL on the 20th. Let's all keep are fingers crossed that they will add more dates. :fingers:

yourmagicalguide
01-28-2009, 12:17 PM
My husband and I were going to wait to book a trip to WDW, because we thought we would go sometime in October, but when we saw the promotion advertised earlier this month, we started looking at flight costs and such before realizing it would be a great savings to go sooner. Be booked our trip before Noon last week - literally just hours before they extended the promotion to March 29 and excluded our dates! We were so happy that we booked when we did :mickey:

Tinkerbelly84
01-28-2009, 01:51 PM
My husband and I were going to wait to book a trip to WDW, because we thought we would go sometime in October, but when we saw the promotion advertised earlier this month, we started looking at flight costs and such before realizing it would be a great savings to go sooner. Be booked our trip before Noon last week - literally just hours before they extended the promotion to March 29 and excluded our dates! We were so happy that we booked when we did :mickey:

Glad it worked out in your favor!