PDA

View Full Version : AAA Ticket Prices

debbiestickel
01-26-2009, 10:15 AM
Does anyone know how much Disney World tickets are through AAA? We're thinking of joining anyway, and if it's a good savings then we'll definitely join!

Thanks!

Altair
01-26-2009, 10:28 AM
Just for an example: 5 day park hopper is $279.84 at AAA and $289.86 at the gate. These prices include sales tax.

To ge the entire list, go to ouraaa.com and click on "Theme Park/Movie tickets.
You will need to enter you zip code to get the list.:mickey:

kakn7294
01-26-2009, 12:10 PM
AAA tickets and prices used to vary from office to office - I don't know if that's still the case since Disney switched to the MYW tickets. I can tell you though that the resort savings can be significant. We've booked WL for 8 nights in July at a AAA rate (until something better comes along - hopefully!) and we're saving $316 over rack rate. That's definately worth it!

#1donaldfan
01-26-2009, 02:10 PM
.....I am almost positive that AAA only can give discounts for room only, not on tickets (hopper passes)....those will cost whatever rack rates are going for at the time of purchase....

....with AAA you get a diamond card that will save you 10% on purchases at the World of Disney store at DtD, plus you can get 10% off at select restraunts......so, using AAA can be a good thing, you'll just have to keep up with your homework and keep up with other discounts that my "pop" up, and tell your AAA travel agent to apply 'em.....:thumbsup:

Altair
01-26-2009, 02:27 PM
.....I am almost positive that AAA only can give discounts for room only, not on tickets (hopper passes)....those will cost whatever rack rates are going for at the time of purchase....

You may have to purchase the tickets in advance from a AAA office. I don't know if you can get the discount at a ticket window at WDW. But there is a discount available.:mickey:

kakn7294
01-26-2009, 04:56 PM

....with AAA you get a diamond card that will save you 10% on purchases at the World of Disney store at DtD, plus you can get 10% off at select restraunts......so, using AAA can be a good thing, you'll just have to keep up with your homework and keep up with other discounts that my "pop" up, and tell your AAA travel agent to apply 'em.....:thumbsup:Last time I bought tickets thru AAA - in 2003 - they did have the paper tickets in the offices. I had to buy mine thru 2 different offices to get what I needed. However, I don't know if they still maintain a small discount since the MYW tickets began. Altair seems to be the expert there.

Also, last time I shopped at WoD they actually asked me if I belong to AAA and if I had my regular membership card with me. They said I didn't need the Diamond Card that comes with AAA packages for the 10% but that was only for the WoD discount - and of course, that could have been that this particular CM was mistaken. I would have needed the Diamond Card for all other AAA discounts.

luvkatiebug
01-27-2009, 01:33 PM
I bought just our tickets from AAA last Spring for our May 2008 trip. I paid around $1000 for 2 adults and 2 kids hopper passes for 6 days (I think, maybe 5) I did not do a package through them or Disney b/c I was booking the Swan with the teacher discount. I did my research, and it was definitely cheaper than buying them through Disney. :mickey:

ThanxForNoticin
01-27-2009, 05:15 PM
If you purchase tickets in advance, many AAA offices will offer a small discount on your tickets. As someone else mentioned, there are other discounts that might be better, including potential room discounts (which you may or may not be able to use your next trip).