PDA

View Full Version : How Magical journey works?

teamblackwell
01-26-2009, 01:55 AM
I want to use MJ for the first time for a trip this October. Like alot of others, our money situation is a little tight, so the price point for a package is going to be key.
Can someone please explain the procedure of using MJ? You submit a form from the MJ website. But, if the quoted price is too high for us, can we be put on a waiting list, so if a sale happens (and our price is met) can they book for us immediately? Or, do you have to book at the quoted price and hope for a sale and a price adjustment?
You guys are the best,
Thanks,
Teamblackwell

DisneyGlutton
01-26-2009, 02:27 AM
I'm not familiar with some of your jargon and may not understand your question...but I have used MJ twice now and am very pleased with them. I believe that they can put a one week complimentary hold on a package before you have to give the $200 deposit. Someone will be along later to correct or amend what I said I'm sure.

kakn7294
01-26-2009, 04:17 AM
I don't know if MJ will watch for a discounted rate for you if you aren't booked with them - someone from their staff should be along to answer that soon enough! I suggest booking at the level that you can afford if no discount arises and ask them to notify you of any discounts that you would qualify for if they become available. LuvsWDWfood is correct - they can put a courtesy hold of 1 week on any room / package but you will have to pay the deposit or lose the room before you 7 days are up.

BMan62
01-26-2009, 08:27 AM
If you are definite in vacationing to WDW in October, reserve a Room Only through Magical Journeys now with the idea that you will fill in the rest of the needed items - park tickets, meal plan, Disney's Magical Express, etc. - as your trip nears. You will need a small down payment to hold the room (I believe that it equals one night, rather than the $200 for a package.)

In this way, MJ can have all your information on record and work with you to find the best possible deal to suit your wants and needs.

Tink1
01-26-2009, 08:40 AM
If you are definite in vacationing to WDW in October, reserve a Room Only through Magical Journeys now with the idea that you will fill in the rest of the needed items - park tickets, meal plan, Disney's Magical Express, etc. - as your trip nears. You will need a small down payment to hold the room (I believe that it equals one night, rather than the $200 for a package.)

In this way, MJ can have all your information on record and work with you to find the best possible deal to suit your wants and needs.

Yes, it is not possible for us to monitor discounts to people we do not have booked. The scope of that would be too far spread. We have to commit our efforts to those who have entrusted their vacation resort plans to us.

We advise people to book what they can afford if no discount is released. Then you can tell your agent what your preferences and wishes are. When a discount is released, your agent would then lower the existing, or give you options to change to that would reflect your wishes.

It is always up to you when changes are made. Some people decide to stay with the lower price after all, others use the discounts as a chance to upgrade. The choice is always yours.

Nanc