PDA

View Full Version : Pepper Market

big blue and hairy
01-25-2009, 04:18 PM
DW and I stayed at Coronado Springs last night. We have stayed there before, but for one reason or another had never had anything other than a churro at the Pepper Market. After last night that's how it's going to stay. We looked around and the food looked ok. We both decided to share the tomato cheddar soup and have beef fajitas. The soup was ok, too many huge chucks of tomatoes, and i like tomoatoes. The accompanying bread was stale. The fajitas started with pre-cooked strips of beef which were burned to order. It was just bad all around. I know WDW has outsourced some restaurants, but this one they should take back. It is really a black eye for an otherwise great resort.

:sulley:

mrsgaribaldi
01-25-2009, 05:08 PM
We stayed there once and ate there once. I believe we had the fajitas. It was good but far to expensive. It was over $30 for lunch for 2 people, nothing alcholic either. Sorry the food was so bad when you ate there.

Hammer
01-25-2009, 05:24 PM
Pepper Market has been run by an outside company since its inception. Disney has never run it.

Sorry you did not enjoy your meal there. Did mention you dissatisfaction to anyone? I have eaten breakfast and lunch there many times and have not experienced your issues, though I have not ordered soup or fajitas there. If on a Dining Plan, it is a good use of the counter service credit and the gratuity is still covered for a meal there.

big blue and hairy
01-25-2009, 05:31 PM
Pepper Market has been run by an outside company since its inception. Disney has never run it.I know

Sorry you did not enjoy your meal there. Did mention you dissatisfaction to anyone? Oh, yeah. It was bad enough that all we paid for were our drinks. We have had fajitas many places, including our kitchen which were so much better than these that it was ridiculous. They can't touch Salsarita's for close to twice the price. That said, I would have sent them back had they been $3. They were just bad.

Diznee4Me
01-25-2009, 06:31 PM
Sorry you had such a bad experience. We have never had a bad meal there.

Mousemates
01-25-2009, 09:37 PM
We ate there once during a three night stay just prior to new years...we only ate there once for a reason, it was our worst disney dining experience of all times (food quality wise and service wise)...we loved CSR, but will not return to the pepper market.

thrillme
01-26-2009, 09:33 AM
I've been complaining about the Pepper Market a lot lately. We were on the DDP or else I REALLY would have been up in arms about it.

I had a steak that was EXTREMELY fatty and the baked potato was overdone and rubbery. My DH had something from the chinese corner and most of it was "tough". The next night we were "stuck" with it again (we couldn't get in anywhere at Epcot) so it was "survival". We went with the Chicken Alfredo and the chicken was "tougher" than a boot and the bread was wasn't FRESH. My DS had the Chicken Fajitas which were OK but the tortilla was rather "cardboardy" (alas being from Texas we have HIGH expectations from Homemade tortillas).

Both times we ate there it was fairly late (within about an hour of closing). I figured that was the problem. HOWEVER if we actually paid for it at the prices they were charging...I'd be mad

big blue and hairy
01-26-2009, 01:47 PM
I don't know what the oversight is contractually, but Disney needs to be able to do something about the quality. The restaurant at a hotel can make or break the experience. Pepper Market broke ours.

We know that PM is an outside company, but I doubt most people do. They all wear Disney name tags. Beside that, who cares? It's not my fault as a guest that you let some hack run your restaurant, get a better proprietor, or do it yourself.

ThanxForNoticin
01-26-2009, 08:13 PM
I know everyone's experiences are different - most times at Disney we're fortunate to have a great experience, but sometimes that doesn't work out. To be completely honest, we often seek out a meal at the Pepper Market, even when we're not staying at CSR. We have been there at least a dozen times and have not had anything even close to a bad experience. We really enjoy PM.

We like the variety of food available, the fact the much of it is cooked fresh while you wait, and the wait staff is usually very good. It is absolutely a favorite of our boys, too.

I know I've had bad experiences at Disney restaurants and won't go back. But Pepper Market is one that I never hesitate to recommend to friends who ask about it. Obviously, you had a bad experience and feel very strongly about it. We just haven't ever seen the kinds of problems you are describing. Sorry you had such an awful evening there.

jeffbdw
01-26-2009, 08:57 PM
We stayed there last February and ate most dinners there, as we were on the dining plan. I was thinking how expensive everything seemed and was thankful that we weren't paying out of pocket. The second to the last night, I got food poisoning from some shrimp salad on a salad sampler platter. I was sick all night and most of the next day. I missed the day at AK because of it. I told them this a t check out the next day and they handed me a $100 bill before I could barely finish my story. Something tells me I wasn't the only one to get sick from that.
I greatly appreciated the money and spent it all in the gigt shop.

KatMark
01-27-2009, 08:53 PM
I know everyone's experiences are different - most times at Disney we're fortunate to have a great experience, but sometimes that doesn't work out. To be completely honest, we often seek out a meal at the Pepper Market, even when we're not staying at CSR. We have been there at least a dozen times and have not had anything even close to a bad experience. We really enjoy PM.

We like the variety of food available, the fact the much of it is cooked fresh while you wait, and the wait staff is usually very good. It is absolutely a favorite of our boys, too.

I know I've had bad experiences at Disney restaurants and won't go back. But Pepper Market is one that I never hesitate to recommend to friends who ask about it. Obviously, you had a bad experience and feel very strongly about it. We just haven't ever seen the kinds of problems you are describing. Sorry you had such an awful evening there.

We're with you. We've had nothing but fantastic meals at Pepper Market and have bad experiences at the other moderate food courts. Every restaurant can have a bad day. I have read that Pepper Market is possibly turning into a buffet like Boma within the next year or so.

mrmcgiv
01-29-2009, 12:56 AM
We dined there twice during our stay..and the food was very good and fresh...even at 11:00 pm. Sorry you all had bad experiences. We had Steaks and potatoes, Chinese, Mexican and pixxa - All REALLY good.

If not on DDP we would never go there b/c it is way too expensive, but on DDP it is a great deal...less the food poisoning! Sorry

Beast_fanatic
01-29-2009, 02:43 PM
We ate there a few times in December, mainly for breakfast which we enjoyed.

Our one lunch meal was not that great though. Robert had a burger that was OK, and I had a grilled chicken sandwich that was dry (both the chicken and the bread).

I agree that the prices on some items were crazy. I saw a steak that someone else had ordered, and it looked just as described above - more fat than meat. :sick: For what they were charging for that steak, it should have been a much better quality.