PDA

View Full Version : Which wk has more crowds?

sassy2000
01-25-2009, 01:22 PM
Ok, I've seen several threads on Mardi Gras crowds. My ? is which week do you think will be busier, Presidents week or Mardi Gras week? We have heard that Presidents wk is really busy so we are going the next wk for Mardi Gras but after reading the other threads I'm worried about crowds. We have been several times and crowds won't bother us too much but we have 2 families going with us for their 1st trips and I don't want them to feel overwhelmed since we convinced them to go with us.:mickey:

Beast_fanatic
01-25-2009, 08:57 PM
Bumping this up in hopes that someone with firsthand experience will come along soon...

jeffbdw
01-28-2009, 05:11 PM
We were there last year for mardi gras week and it wasn't bad at all. Lots of purple and gold, but not bad wait times anywhere. We did presidents week in '07 and it was much more crowded. But still not as bad as summer crowds.

TikiGoddess
01-28-2009, 07:49 PM
According to my sources (touring plans website), Mardi Gras week will be much more manageable than President's week.

Let the good times roll!
Kathy

Aggie97
01-28-2009, 09:59 PM
We were at WDW during Mardi Gras weeks in 2005 and 2008 and did not find the crowds to be bad at all. We have not visited during Presidents Day week. :mickey:

buzznwoodysmom
01-28-2009, 10:43 PM
We were there last year for mardi gras week and it wasn't bad at all. Lots of purple and gold, but not bad wait times anywhere. We did presidents week in '07 and it was much more crowded. But still not as bad as summer crowds.

One of the reason's Presidents week was so bad in '07 was because it was the same week as Mardi Gras. That made for double the crowds. We left the Sunday before Mardi Gras that year and it was a mad house that last Saturday we were in the parks. We visited again for Thanksgiving 07 and the Friday after Thanksgiving was crazy, but Epcot was worse the Sat. before Mardi Gras than it was the Fri. after Thanksgiving. Having those two holidays fall in the same week really did a number on crowds that year.

My brother and his family went last year for Mardi Gras and swore they'd never go back for Mardi Gras again. They said it was horrible. However, they hadn't been to WDW in years so they didn't have any recent trips to compare it to. I wouldn't worry about it, there isn't a whole lot you can do about it now.

princessesmom
01-29-2009, 07:54 AM
I have never been during Mardi Gras, but have been there during President's Week and will be there this year that week. That week is winter break for the schools in the Northeast, so it is a popular vacation week. It is quite busy, but the weather has always been great when we were there and it is manageable if you get out early and use fast passes. My guess is that Mardi Gras week is not as busy.

1EeyoreFan
01-30-2009, 04:59 PM
Just for clarification, is President's week considered the week prior to President's Day or the week after?

thanks!

Cheloconnell
01-30-2009, 10:07 PM
The week after - 2/16 through 2/20.

Goofster
01-31-2009, 05:42 AM
We were there for Mardi Gras last year and we were not expecting the crowds, we didn't even know it was Mardi Gras until we got there. It was by far the busiest we have seen it. The wait times were considerably longer than on any of our previous trips, dining reservations were hard to get and the parks as well as the buses seemed very crowded-we will now avoid Mardi Gras at all costs.:mickey:

1EeyoreFan
01-31-2009, 08:40 AM
Thanks for the clarification. We will be there the week prior to the President's Day and leaving on 2/13/09. We have never been in Feb. I was just curious if that would be busy as well.