PDA

View Full Version : Illuminations?

yjgirl32
01-25-2009, 08:40 AM
Is Illuminations shown every night? Still trying to plan our trip for Sept and wondered if they cut down on this show like they did for Fatasmic. Thanks for all your help.

joelkfla
01-25-2009, 08:47 AM
As of now, it's still every night, but on Fridays thru early April it has been moved to 8 p.m. instead of 9 p.m.

It's too early to say if a similar change, or some other change, will be in effect next September.

PrettyMinnie
02-02-2009, 06:22 PM
On a similar note...where's a good place to watch the show from? I've heard Mexico or Canada? :minnie:

tjstrike
02-03-2009, 03:32 AM
We usuallly watch from Germany because I try to set up a ressy at the Biergarten about an hour to an hour and 1/2 before hand. Then come out and watch the show with a full beer.

Disnutty
02-03-2009, 08:36 AM
One thing to remember is which way is the wind blowing. You must remember that the illuminations fireworks generates a lot of smoke. You can be standing at a great sight line location and then if the wind is blowing right at you, you will miss much of the show. My advise is pick two spots that are at least 90 degrees apart from one another. Then before you decide which one to use check out which way the wind (if any) is blowing and make sure you then go to the spot that is away from the prevailing wind. You will be glad you did. If the wind is blowing in your face then the great spot you saved will not be so great when you miss a lot of the show because of the fog the fireworks generate.

BMan62
02-03-2009, 10:01 AM
On a similar note...where's a good place to watch the show from? I've heard Mexico or Canada? :minnie:

This truly depends on which way the winds (if any) is blowing. Our last trip, we sat at one of the tables between the Crepe kiosk and Wine kiosk in front of the France area and had a wonderful view. The time before, we stood along the fence in front of the China pavilion and loved it. Both times the breeze was at our backs, so no smoke was clouding our view.

The key is getting your spot 30 - 45 minutes prior to the start of the show and just relaxing.