PDA

View Full Version : Early check-in at AKL? What to do on the first day?

asrai555
01-25-2009, 07:36 AM
Our plane arrives to Orlando at 10:20 am. I suspect once we are all through baggage and Magical Express we will arrive to AKL sometime around noon. How do they handle early check-ins? If the room isn't ready can I just leave my bags with them if I want to go to the parks?

i am thinking of going to AK that first day. We will have a good 3-4 hours before the parks close. Enough time to catch the Jammin Jungle Parade (on of my favorites) and hopefully (but not holding my breath) be able to get a fast pass for a late day safari ride.

I am traveling alone with two children 6 and 4, so after a day through airports etc I need to make sure whatever we do on that first day is relatively low-key.

The other choice is to just make use of the pool and go to DTD at night.

sassy2000
01-25-2009, 08:29 AM
If you have the extra day on your park pass I would agree with going to Animal Kingdom for a couple hours then heading back to the hotel to relax for the rest of the night.

Zawadi
01-25-2009, 08:54 AM
Our plane arrives to Orlando at 10:20 am. I suspect once we are all through baggage and Magical Express we will arrive to AKL sometime around noon. How do they handle early check-ins? If the room isn't ready can I just leave my bags with them if I want to go to the parks?
In Sept 2008 we transfered from BC to AKL. We simply registered as normal to set up charging back to our account and left the cases with the bell desk. We were given a 'phone number to call (after 3pm) to find our which room we had been allocated.

betteratmk
01-25-2009, 09:01 AM
I know the one thing my kids wanted to do when we arrived in Florida was to swim!:D

lawgirl
01-25-2009, 09:39 AM
That happened to us when we went with our 6 year old nephews. We checked-in early at AKL...they will keep your bags at the desk. Our room was ready fairly early.

We also went to AK for the first day...its close to AKL, and for us its a little less stressful then the other parks.