01-25-2009, 12:23 AM
Cast
Me-29
DH-28
DS-8
DS-5
DD-3

Jan 24

Today was another wonderful day! It was my DD's 3rd b-day today and we started to morning off and MK. We were there just in time for park opening. I wanted my DD to be able to meet tinkerbell and Ariel since our trip was winding down. They have had lengthy waits all week. So, we got there and toontown didn't open until 10am and it was only 9:15. So, we went on the Pooh ride and then went over to meet Ariel and there was no wait!!! This is the first time in 5 years that we've met her, so that was really cool! We then went to toontown to wait for the opening. When they opened it we ended up being the 2nd family into the fairies. It's very very colorful and well detailed inside. When we walked out the wait time was already at 60 min, so I would definitely reccomend getting there when the parks opens! We then went on Goofy's Barnstormer 2x's in a row, because my DD loved her first taste of roller coasters earlier in the week. We then headed to Space Mountain and then out of the park. We decided to head over to Animal Kingdom and do the 3 things we hadn't done over there yet. We grabbed lunch at Flame Tree BBQ. I had a BBQ beef sandiwich and my DH had the 1/2 Chicken and kids had a hot dog. This place is great and DH looks forward to this counter service everytime. After lunch we did FOTLK. Still one of the most amazing shows at Disney. Itt makes me tear up everytime! We then hit up Kali River Rapids and then Kilmanjaro Safari. Kali had a 10 min wait and Safari had a 30 min wait, but it was more like 20. We then left the park and went to go back to the resort to swim for awhile considering it was 76 today! :cloud9: After swimming we showered up and went to go have dinner at Ohana's. This place is great and my DH favorite place to dine when at Disney. There's hula lessons and coconut races for the little kids, and they're always giving away lei's. We were lucky and were seated in front of the window, so we had a superb viewing of Wishes and the Electric Water parade. We went back to the resort since my oldest DS still wasn't feeling 100 percent. It was another magnificent day in wonderful Disney minus the older DS being sick. :(

Maleficent's Dad
01-25-2009, 07:33 AM
Wow - that's a busy day!!! I also love FOTLK - wonderful show.

Hoping DS is feeling better. Thanks for the live report! :mickey:

yjgirl32
01-25-2009, 08:04 AM
Another great review. The parts that I got to see of the FOTLK were great- hopefully in Sept when we go I won't have to run my DS6 to the bathroom every 10 minutes. Last time when we went he was only 3. Thanks for sharing.

mouseketeer mom
01-25-2009, 08:52 AM
A terrific day, especially for your DD who got to meet Ariel and the Fairies!

Bethis26fan
01-25-2009, 12:28 PM
Sounds like a nice day. I hope your son gets to feeling better.

dtootsie42
01-25-2009, 01:37 PM
Sounds like it was a nice day! Hope your son is feeling better!

faline
01-25-2009, 06:43 PM
Despite your son not feeling well, you still got lots done!

PrettyMinnie
01-26-2009, 10:07 AM
Sounds like a great day! Glad you got to meet the fairies and Ariel! :mickey:

pdrlkr
01-28-2009, 08:49 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey: