PDA

View Full Version : Wine Package?

DisneyFr33k
01-24-2009, 08:07 PM
We are big wine lovers. Last year during our first cruise, they presented us with a wine package - one bottle of wine with dinner every night for the duration of our stay (approx. $200). We tried and enjoyed it. However we are less than 2 weeks away from our second cruise and are curious if we should do it again - is it worth it? Can we bring our own bottles of wine aboard? What is the protocol? We are hearing different things.

Thanks for your input! :wine:

dmosher
01-25-2009, 12:15 AM
Unlike many cruise ships out there, you generally CAN bring alcohol onto one of their ships. That being said, there are a few restrictions regarding this matter:
All beverage being brought on MUST be carried on. Do not pack them in your luggage.
If you bring them to dinner, there WILL be a corkage fee.
ANy alcohol not consumed (but opened) must be left on the ship when you disembark back at POrt Canaveral.
You can purchase alcohol at a port of call but you are asked not to open or drink it on the ship (this was a law but I have not cruised in some time, please correct me if I am wrong about this one).
:pipes:
D

TammiMcMan
01-26-2009, 04:31 PM
The corkage fee for bringing your own bottle of wine to dinner, is $18 per bottle.

dixielandings
01-29-2009, 09:23 AM
I think whether or not it's worth the cost is up to each individual party. I'm also a budding wine lover and last year on our 7-night Hawai'i cruise, we did a wine package and I ended regretting it big-time. I'm a little gal and 2 glasses usually means I don't make it through the show that night! :blush: So in the end, I would advocate just ordering wine by the glass, or maybe a bottle or 2, but not one for every day of the trip. My :twocents:.

Also, I think I'd have a real hard time paying for someone to cork a bottle that I had already paid for, just b/c I didn't buy it on the ship...