PDA

View Full Version : Double strollers: take or rent?

hope23
01-24-2009, 05:33 PM
What insights do you have on whether you take your own double stroller to Disney or rent one there? The rental fees are STEEP, but it's a hassle to get one there... thoughts? For our kids, a stroller will be helpful in the parks, but not required for travel. For those of you who have rented... are they clean?

Fire314
01-24-2009, 06:14 PM
Yes they are clean. From what I have seen the prices to rent them form the parks is nuts. My dw and I bring ours with us. Another friend of ours buys one form the local wal-mart when they get there and then just leave it in the room when they leave.

Twinsowner
01-24-2009, 08:38 PM
Our twins were almost 3 last year and we brought our own. Very glad we did and would reccommend it unless they are a little older.

Disney Yankee
01-24-2009, 08:51 PM
My kids don't need strollers anymore, thankfully. I personally would rent a stroller. I know they are expensive, but I HATE bringing the stroller on the bus! I think there is a discount if you buy a few days at a time.

GoofyMom09
01-25-2009, 11:49 AM
We are traveling in April with a 1 year old and a 3 year old. We are going to bring two umbrella strollers. That way they fold up easier for the busses and we don't have to pay the ridiculous rental fees.

thumperbug
01-27-2009, 01:10 PM
If you have more then 1 adult going, bring 2 umbrella strollers. Easy to fold, and for the cost to buy 2 you would still be saving money since the cost to rent one for 1 day would probably be double.

EmmMOM2
01-30-2009, 01:27 PM
how old are your kids?

We thought about bringing a double but were GLAD we didnt because our 4 year old didnt want to sit in a stroller the whole time...he was able to walk just fine.

We brought our single for our 1 year old and it worked out great. It's easy getting it on and off the plane (at least on SW airlines) so it wasnt a hassle at all.

hardingella
01-30-2009, 03:25 PM
Last vacation our kids were 8 and 6. Too old for strollers,yes, but not at Disney. You see our vacation was 17 days long, and we covered many many miles. Ok, they might of looked a bit silly sat in them, but to be honest we didnt care, it meant we could get from A to B a lot quicker, and with a lot less moaning, and it burnt off a few of those Disney lbs you tend to put on.We bought from the store at POP for about $25, and the day we went home we just left them at the hotel.

thumperbug
01-31-2009, 12:03 PM
My DS is almost 7 and with the exception of Disney trips he does not use a stroller. But, in WDW it is much easier to move around with him in the stroller. He is very small and takes a long time to walk anywhere. Definitley a plus to have the stroller with us. It also holds the stuff we need with us but dont want to carry.

also at the end of the day the stroller is a life saver when the little man's feet hurt and he wants us to pick him up

gaffz70
02-02-2009, 12:04 PM
I think it depends on the ages of your kids. Last time we had a 6yo and a 3yo....We took 2 umbrella strollers and were so happy we did...Nrmlly the 6 yr old would never be in a stroller, but he would have pooped out alot easier if he had to do all of that walking, esp since we went in Aug. It was very helpful having the strollers in the airport as well. They were so easy to maneuver through crowds and very easy to spot when getting off a ride...it's hard to find your stroller when they all look the same. They were also super easy to fold up for the buses and could roll right onto the monorail..not so easy w/ a dble stroller. We also were able to put our water bottles, maps,ponchos, snacks etc right there in the stroller pockets so were always ready to go
I'll prob take one again this yr for our 5yr old

scootch713
02-03-2009, 09:28 AM
I think alot depends on your kids age... I used one even though my kids were getting older(still used one this year for 6 and 9!) and the rentals to me are worth every penny. I take my girls without daddy and just the piece of mind that they are confined is worth a million bucks to me!! I have found them very clean. They actually just got brand new ones at MK in November on our last day. It is nice too not to hassle with them on the busses.