PDA

View Full Version : Boma Breakfast

DisNut
01-24-2009, 04:40 PM
We have ressies for March and just wanted to hear what everyone thought of the breakfast at Boma!

Would also like to have recommendations for other nice breakfasts (no character).

(55 days to go)!!!!!:mickey:

brewcrew26
01-24-2009, 05:16 PM
We're trying breakfast there in March, too, a little before your due to go (only 38 days left). So, I'll try and remember to post back here with my thoughts. But, we loved dinner there, so we're hoping breakfast is just as great!

hope23
01-24-2009, 05:27 PM
YUMMMMM! It was a fantastic blend of unique, flavorful dishes that I still crave, but can't find anywhere else and traditional American breakfast. DH and I tried many of the cultural dishes and really enjoyed them all... but also did the "create your own omlette" counter and found that tasty as well. Definitely try it!

CAS
01-24-2009, 05:36 PM
It was outstanding. They had traditional American favorites as well as African dishes. And the coffee was great, too. I would do it again in a heartbeat. Enjoy!

DixieBelle
01-24-2009, 09:00 PM
Boma is one of our favorite breakfast places at WDW, so relaxing, and we LOVED the Juice called Frunch!
:tasty:

princessimagineer
01-24-2009, 09:17 PM
its a must do for us. their special fruit juice is the besssst (and im not one for that kind of juice) :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

simpleyred
01-24-2009, 09:33 PM
You are going to love breakfast at Bomas! Its one of our must do's every time we visit. I enjoy the frunch, fresh fruit, banana macadamia nut muffins, bobotie, quinoa and their version of fried potatoes just to name a few :mickey:

Next trip-Feb.7-13,2009 POFQ

asrai555
01-24-2009, 10:06 PM
Do you have to have a ressie for this? I am staying at AKL and might just wanna walk in one morning :mickey:

DisNut
01-24-2009, 10:51 PM
We have reservations just to be safe. We are staying at POR though. Maybe being a guest at the AKL would be a plus for you.

brewcrew26
01-25-2009, 09:28 AM
You are going to love breakfast at Bomas! Its one of our must do's every time we visit. I enjoy the frunch, fresh fruit, banana macadamia nut muffins, bobotie, quinoa and their version of fried potatoes just to name a few :mickey:

Next trip-Feb.7-13,2009 POFQ

I've heard a bit about bobotie - what is it?

lawgirl
01-25-2009, 09:42 AM
We always stay at AKL, and try to eat breakfast at Boma at least 2-3 times each trip.

For us, its always been a great experience. The staff has always been friendly and helpful, and the food is consistently good. We love that there are alot of choices...exotic foods along with traditional brunch items.

My 6 year olds loved the brunch. As did all of the adults at the table. We've never once been disappointed with Boma.

And Jiko is our favorite restaurant ever. Its amazing!

tnpoohbear
01-25-2009, 12:17 PM
We have had the breakfast at Boma twice and it is absolutely great! They have such a wide variety of food, anything you could possibly want. The coffee and juice there is fantastic!:mickey:

Belle_0717
01-25-2009, 08:55 PM
Boma breakfast was great. They have such a wide variety of food. You should also try it for dinner.

huzzah4
01-26-2009, 05:04 PM
Boma is wonderful for breakfast, but if you really want to get the most out of it, I would recommend dinner instead. There is more of a selection of "different' foods then.

Tinkerfreak
01-26-2009, 06:46 PM
This is one of our favorite breakfasts aslo. We have stayed at AKL many times and have had good luck just calling and getting right in or just walking down there and getting in. I would probably make an ADR just in case though.

Last trip we ate at Boma 5 times and only had ADR's for one.

wildernesslady
01-26-2009, 07:23 PM
The best on property.

mudpuppysmom
01-27-2009, 02:21 PM
We walked in on our last day in December and it was a good hearty breakfast! We didn't have to wait to be seated either, so you might be OK to walk up.

Bobotie alone would get me there.....for lack of a better description, it's sorta like sheperd's pie.....it is SO good!!! The juice was yumm-O too!! I drank a lot of it!!

The kids did well here too, so that was a plus.....having three kids with different tastes is hard to do when we all sat down together to eat, but all three of them ate well that morning (they are 11, 6, and 3).

Another place you might want to try is Ohana....we ate b-fast there too one morning and it was quite tasty! I enjoyed it and I'm really not a breakfast eater. I would suggest ressies for here though.

NJGIRL
01-27-2009, 02:59 PM
We enjoyed BOMA for breakfast. It was nice for us since the kids have outgrown the characters but still like the buffets. Food was really good. I just didn't like the juice!