PDA

View Full Version : Restaurant Suggestions

JavaDuck
01-24-2009, 03:56 PM
First, I'm excited that we are heading back to WDW for another trip. We had a 7 day trip last year and this year we are able to do a 5 day trip.

We were on the DDP last year and really enjoyed it. This year we are doing the DDP plan again.

Last year we ate at:

Whispering Canyon-Good, maybe will return on our 3rd or 4th trip

California Grill--2nd best meal of the trip. Definitely will be back. Skipping this trip since it is a shorter trip.

Biergarten-Cool atmosphere, we were not a fan of the food.

Boma-Enjoyed the food. Will be back, but maybe not this trip

Le Cellier-Best meal of the trip. Really enjoyed it, so much so that my other half has suggested we eat there twice on this coming up trip.

Mama Melrosa's--Ate here on the Fantasmic package. The 3rd best meal of the week. Will be back, but not this trip.

Ok, given all that information, what restaurants do you suggest we should give a try this time. We will need to choose 2 or 3 for our trip in August.

Natazu
01-24-2009, 04:20 PM
Jym's Top-7 Best WDW Restaurant Choices for fans of California Grill and Le Cellier:
7. Grand Floridian Cafe
6. Il Mulino (if you liked Mama's, you'll love this place)
5. Wolfgang Puck Cafe
4. Jiko
3. Narcoossee’s
2. Citricos
1. Flying Fish Café

DisneyGlutton
01-24-2009, 04:31 PM
I totally second the above list, except that I would substitute Tutto Italia for ILL Mulino, whose overpriced blandness has earned my wrath.

Natazu
01-24-2009, 04:35 PM
I totally second the above list, except that I would substitute Tutto Italia for ILL Mulino, whose overpriced blandness has earned my wrath.

See, we had the opposite effects. Just goes to show, you gotta try stuff for yourself no matter what the people say... except for Sci-Fi.

SBETigg
01-24-2009, 06:00 PM
I like Jym's list. I would throw in Chefs de France and Raglan Road for consideration.

GoofyMom09
01-25-2009, 11:46 AM
Have you ever tried Spoodles? It is on the Boardwalk and has great Mediterranean food and a fun atmosphere. After dinner it is fun to walk around and check out the shops and entertainment.

sassy2000
01-25-2009, 01:11 PM
We loved Chefs de France. The short ribs were melt-in-your-mouth delicious and the desserts are fantastic. We also like Tusker House. It is similar to Boma.

mouseketeer mom
01-25-2009, 01:15 PM
Ohana's without a doubt. A fun experience, really delicious food. A not miss for us.

JavaDuck
01-26-2009, 12:00 AM
Thanks everyone for the great suggestions. We are debating adding an extra day to our trip. So, that means I get to pick 4 new restaurants to try instead of 3. :donald:

elmjimmlm
01-26-2009, 12:39 AM
Yak and Yeti is sooooo goooood...
Its worth a try...

Luv Eeyore
01-26-2009, 12:06 PM
The clambake at Cape May Cafe is a not to be missed for our family.