PDA

View Full Version : New DVC waitlist process starts Feb. 1

Aurora
01-23-2009, 05:10 PM
Not sure what all the implications are, but this is posted on the DVC member website:

New wait-list process designed to improve Member experience

Effective Feb. 1, 2009, Members may have a maximum of two active wait-list requests per Membership, per use year.

While Disney Vacation Club will continue to maintain and honor existing wait-list requests, as of Feb. 1, Members with two or more active requests will not be able to add to their wait lists until their existing requests are expired, matched, canceled or reconciled.

The updated policy is designed to improve the overall Member experience with the wait-list process by increasing available resort inventory (limiting the number of wait-list requests will free up more resort rooms for more Members, as Members will not be holding other rooms that may not be their first preference), improving overall response time (since waitlists will be shorter, Members on the list will receive confirmations more quickly) and boosting the efficiency of Member Services (Cast Members previously dedicated to the time-consuming creation and maintenance of extensive wait lists can focus on handling more calls and serving Members more efficiently.)

This change is just the latest move in a continuing effort to increase Member satisfaction, which earned a 91 percent "excellent" and "very good" rating in the 2008 Condominium Association Survey. Look for more survey highlights in the summer edition of Disney Files Magazine, scheduled to begin mailing in May.

DizneyRox
01-23-2009, 05:51 PM
Sounds like people are going to be staying at their home resorts all the time. I won't give up my reservation until I get my waitlist, and I won't get my waitlist because others can't release theirs.

Or this prevents me from waitlisting EVERYWHERE, and now I need to pick some alternates and just hope I picked right.

I guess I don't see how this is a good thing and will free up inventory.

faline
01-23-2009, 06:56 PM
Can someone translate this for me? I'm not sure what it means!?

Ian
01-23-2009, 07:02 PM
I don't really get it either. The wording is very strange ... what does " ... a maximum of two active wait-list requests per Membership, per use year ... " mean?

Does that mean I can only make two waitlist request in a calendar year? Or does that mean I'm allowed 2 waitlist request for each individual use year's points I own?

Maleficent's Dad
01-23-2009, 07:13 PM
The wording is very strange ... what does " ... a maximum of two active wait-list requests per Membership, per use year ... " mean?
Ian,
I think that the key word is "active" in the phrasing. At least that's the way I read it. It means - I believe - that you can only have two waitlists going at the same time. Whether this is for the same reservation, or for two different reservations. Read:

Members with two or more active requests will not be able to add to their wait lists until their existing requests are expired, matched, canceled or reconciled.

I don't think that this is necessarily a bad thing - and unlike DisneyRox, I do feel that this policy will actually free up some rooms and allow "wait-listers" to have a better chance of getting in a waitlisted resort. But that's speculation on my part.

Let's say someone books a 2 BR at OKW for Spring Break. They then waitlist for VWL, BCV, and BWV. With the new policy, they'd only be allowed to waitlist at two of the resorts - and perhaps even one if they have an active wait-list for a different trip. In this manner, someone else - who may really want the BWV - will have fewer people ahead of them on their waitlist.

The policy simply disallows everyone to waitlist every DVC resort (the usual suspects being BCV, BWV, and VWL) every time they book. And that's okay with me.

Of course, this is how I read it. :scratch:
It's all speculation on my part. :shrug:

I could be wrong, but I don't find it a bad policy, unless I'm missing something.

DizneyRox
01-23-2009, 09:24 PM
Yes, keywords are active and use year.

So, I can have two waitlists for my 2009 points, and two for my 2010 points, ALL at the same time.

And that's fine, I like that part. The problem that I don't see helping is, now people will need to book at their home resort at the 11 month window. This leaves no availability for waitlisters. Those at the 11 month window will possibly waitlist for others, but not get anything, because those people had to fill up that resort because their waiitlist won't open either.

The only time peole swap is when there's a cancellation. My problem only aving two waitlists is now even if I setup my waitlist MONTHS before someone else, if I couldn't pick the resort with the cancellation because now I'm limited to two.

How a waitlist "item" is calculated is now also important. Is it consecutive days, or not. What if I want to waitlist for July 2nd, 4th, and 7th? Is that three, or one? THAT IS IMPORTANT!

That's why I don't see this doing much... The good news is, I never know where I stand on the waitlist, so how would I know that someone didn't "luck out".

lockedoutlogic
01-23-2009, 09:39 PM
or.....they could build 200 new units at Beach Club and wilderness lodge.....

and shut 300 down at Saratoga.....and eliminate those points.....

I volunteer mine....

But hey....forget easy...let's just go ahead and give this "complicated" thing a whirl:thedolls: