PDA

View Full Version : Adult TIcket?

blondeinbrandon
01-23-2009, 02:32 PM
I am getting ready to renew our Florida APs and I have a question. My son is 9, but he will turn 10 in six months. So do I have to get him an adult (10 and up) pass?
Thanks!!
Debbie

WRWDisney
01-23-2009, 03:17 PM
You pay for the age category the day you buy/activate it.

For example, on our June trip, we check in the day before our son turns 10 (truly by chance, not trying to scam the system). Since we will activate our tickets while he is 9, we will pay the kids price, even though 364 of the days of the pass, he will be 10.

At least that is my understanding:D

ibelieveindisneymagic
01-23-2009, 03:44 PM
The above post is correct. If your son is 9 when you activate the pass, he gets to use it all year at the kids rate.

DizneyRox
01-23-2009, 04:13 PM
Yes, that is how it is figured. In your case, for a renewal, as long as they are still 9, you are good to renew. Next year, you'll need to pay adult prices.

If it were a new pass, the pass would need to be correct at activation, not necessarily purchase date. Since you can purchase a ticket in Jan (age 9) but not use it till Dec (age 10), even if you bought the ticket in January, you need to buy an adult ticket since it wouldn't be activated until Dec. Or pay the difference in December when it's activated.