PDA

View Full Version : getting milk at AKL

ewasilau
01-23-2009, 01:28 PM
Can you get milk in the refillable mugs at AKL? My kids drink a ton of milk and a little bit of juice, no soda. Are milk and real juice available for the mugs? If not, how does one get large quantities of milk for the room? (I bet we'll go through a gallon and a half in 5 days) We will not have a car so I'm guessing the grocery store would be tough to get to. We just need a few basics for first thing in the a.m. daily (we can bring cereal bars and cereal, but we'll need milk and fruit).
Thanks!!

Disney Buff
01-23-2009, 02:26 PM
They sell milk in the food courts (diferent sizes).

ibelieveindisneymagic
01-23-2009, 03:50 PM
The refillable mugs don't offer real juice or milk. Just pop, tea, coffee, hot chocolate (and I think slushy stuff at POP).

You can buy milk at the resort gift shop (usually cheaper than in the food court), but for fruit, I think it is only available in the food court. If you're taking a limo/car from the airport, some of them offer a brief grocery stop, when you could pick everything up.

BugeyedMuggy
01-23-2009, 05:31 PM
Not really an answer, but the gift shop at AKL is AWESOME! The carvings from Africa and other artwork is great. The smell of jasmine is in the air.

It is a DVC club hotel, so as ewasilau refered to, there are also alot af grocery items in there, including milk.

You might not want to buy refillable mugs if no one likes soft drinks. We only buy one for coffee and ..um ... mixers.;)

We loved AKL, you will have a great time!

ewasilau
01-25-2009, 05:52 PM
Thank you for your responses - we're taking Magical Express, so I guess we'll just get milk at the gift shop and make do with what they have. Seems the easiest option for a 5-day trip - we certainly don't want to spend our precious time trying to get to a grocery store!