PDA

View Full Version : Luggauge storage at Dolphin.

BugeyedMuggy
01-23-2009, 12:33 PM
Does the Dolphin resort hold your luggage so you can go to the parks before check-in and after check-out like the other Disney hotels?

Do they have a place to keep perishables cold?

Thank you for any help.

BugeyedMuggy
01-23-2009, 03:08 PM
:confused:

ytzking
01-23-2009, 03:37 PM
The Dolphin has a valet station right at the main entrance where they will store your luggage. I know that my room this last summer had a refrigerator so I would assume they have the resources to store perishables.
The one thing I would be wary of is extra charges for these services. The Swan and Dolphin are pretty adept at "Nickel and Diming" you ( resort fees, parking fees, etc. ) .
Enjoy!!!!

BugeyedMuggy
01-23-2009, 05:12 PM
Thanks for the info.:cloud9:

I'll be evaluating the resort for our fall trip. I figured we would give it a try for a weekend to escape the New England winter. If we like it we may book a longer stay during the W&F fest. The price and location were the biggest sells for us.

Thanks again.

CleveRocks
01-23-2009, 05:40 PM
Just for future reference, any decent hotel in the USA will hold luggage for you on your check-in day prior to check-in, and on check-out day after you check-out.

BugeyedMuggy
01-23-2009, 05:59 PM
Oh good, I'll be staying at a decent hotel then. For future reference should I asume I could leave my luggage with milk at any decent hotel in the USA while I take off for 6 hours?

CleveRocks
01-23-2009, 10:22 PM
Excuse me???

PAYROLL PRINCESS
01-24-2009, 10:55 PM
Oh good, I'll be staying at a decent hotel then. For future reference should I asume I could leave my luggage with milk at any decent hotel in the USA while I take off for 6 hours?

Excuse me???

I don't think CleveRocks was slamming you but rather telling you that most hotels (as opposed to Motels) usually make an effort to accomodate your needs as most of us that stay in hotels are usually dependant on planes, trains or busses and would rather make the most of our time rather than sitting there for hours with our luggage just waiting to leave.

Having stayed at the S&D many times I know they do have the facilities to store your luggage for you but I'm not sure about perishables. Depending on how much there is that needs to be refrigerated and whether it is medicinal, I'm sure they'll make every effort to see to your needs.

BugeyedMuggy
01-25-2009, 08:26 AM
Thank you for the info, both of you.
I will be stopping to picking up some cheese and juice and was wondering about the luggage storage.

I dont travel much by airplane other than to Disney and this is the first time staying at a non-Disney hotel. I didn't want to asume anything. Sorry for the sarcasm.

Thanks again.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
01-25-2009, 09:14 PM
If you are going to have a car you can also pick up a cheap styrofoam cooler and put your stuff in that. You can fill it with ice at the hotel.

You can also call them a head of time and ask if they'll be able to accomodate your request for refrigeration prior to check in.