PDA

View Full Version : I think......

Kennywife
01-23-2009, 10:14 AM
I like Disneyland better than DW. There I said it. :D

I have two upcoming travel writing assignments that involve Disney: WDW in June to coincide with Star Wars Weekends and DL in early October.:joy: As excited as I am to go to WDW, I'm psyched to go to DL again, espiecially cause this time I'll be going with my cousin and her girlfriend. (My cousin has never been there!) :party2: (It'll be a girls weekend.)

Am I weird for liking DL better? Kenny didn't care for it. He's a WDW man and told me I could go with my cousin when I'm assigned to do DL.

Anna

Tinkerbellaella
01-23-2009, 11:06 AM
If you compare Disneyland to the Magic Kingdom, Disneyland wins for me by a mile. If you compare Disneyland Resort to Disney World Resort, the World wins. I love being able to get on the Magical Express bus and be completely in the "World of Magic" until the bus brings you back to the airport. That is something Disneyland will never be able to do because of it's location.

jrkcr
01-23-2009, 11:17 AM
I totally agree with the above post. :thumbsup:

Too bad Anaheim has all those people living there. And just who is Ana? I think all the people in Anaheim should move to Nevada(Ca is too crowded anyway), and then Anaheim should be made into Waltaheim Disney Resort Area.
Man! I am full of great ideas today! :D

NotaGeek
01-23-2009, 11:42 AM
I don't think it's fair to compare WDW and DLR ... they are completely different in all aspects. For a 100% resort vacation, it's WDW that take it hands down ... also there's tons more ride and food options. For charm, nostalgia and just the feel of Walt's vision, DLR is the place -- and you have the fun, great weather and stuff to do that SoCal offers. BUT ... to say I prefer one over the other isn't fair ... maybe if DLR had Everest I could make a choice...

InLikeSin
01-23-2009, 02:29 PM
Too bad Anaheim has all those people living there. And just who is Ana? I think all the people in Anaheim should move to Nevada(Ca is too crowded anyway), and then Anaheim should be made into Waltaheim Disney Resort Area.
Man! I am full of great ideas today! :D

:funny: I second the motion!

Kennywife
01-23-2009, 03:11 PM
I write in the West Coast dept at my job, so primarily, we go to DL. I like DL because Kenny and I go to LA and Vegas while we are there. I like the fact that DL is in Anaheim because I can get out with the people and check out the great local stuff.:D

I like WDW too and we will be going there in June, but with my job, I'll be going to DL more often.

Marilyn Michetti
03-08-2009, 08:53 PM
We're going to DL in three weeks for a long weekend, and I LOVE it there. Everything is in one place, and I don't have to get on a single bus.

I will miss Epcot and AK, but we're close to Calif., and don't plan to spend the $$ this Dec. for a big, expensive trip.:(

Keasmom
03-10-2009, 04:37 PM
Having grow up going to DL, and going to WDW as an adult, I prefer DL, by far. It is a smaller more personal park, it still has a lot of the original attraction and it was Walt's first park. I enjoy being able to stroll the entire park, the largeness of the trees and the grand facade at IASW. The crowds and traffic are horrible, but hey, it is California, my state of birth and that is part of it's personality.

WDW has more to offer and it is much more accessible and it is easier to feel like you went somewhere since it is such a resort style set up.

Having been to WDW during a Star Wars weekend, not intentionally, it is an interesting experience. Folks go to the park dressed in character, wait in hours (yes hours) long lines to get autographs and pictures and even act out scenes from the various movies.

Good luck with the report writing, and have fun.