PDA

View Full Version : resort refillable mugs

hearts8701
01-23-2009, 09:52 AM
does anyone have photos of the new mugs i was told pop is now selling the 2009 mugs

DisneyBabies
01-23-2009, 01:59 PM
When did you find this out? I have been waiting for the news since the beginning of January, but all the other threads said that the mugs were the same as before. I can't wait to see pics before our trip?

antnyh
01-23-2009, 03:18 PM
Last I heard they weren't available yet. If anyone has come back with one please post.

hearts8701
01-23-2009, 03:38 PM
read it on another board so i don't know how true it is no photo was printed heres the sight <snip>

BMan62
01-23-2009, 03:48 PM
<snip>

The one dvalerieb is talking about is the 2008 mug, not the 2009 one.

Eric87
02-08-2009, 11:08 AM
Any word on the New mugs yet? We're heading down in March and hope they have a new design because the previous two trips have been the YOAMD.

big blue and hairy
02-08-2009, 02:41 PM
Any word on the New mugs yet? We're heading down in March and hope they have a new design because the previous two trips have been the YOAMD.
This pure speculation, so take it as such. The mug you had isn't YOAMD. Yes it has that color scheme, but does it say YOAMD anywhere on it? The first ones had 2007 on them. The next year...no date.. I wouldn't be surprised if there isn't a new mug this year.

It is very clear to me that the folks on Intercot are a lot more worried about people reusing mugs than WDW is, so they may just be saving money. It costs money to re-do the mugs each year.

:sulley:

DryCreek
02-08-2009, 08:27 PM
Well, not a new design, but I did get new mugs. Well, at least new to me. In fact, I had never bought the resort mugs before. I am not sure they offered them in the late 90's when we always stayed at Fort Wilderness

They just look the same as last years (or so I believe). The base color is pearl (off white). Black handle and dark blue top. It has Mickey & Minnie (flanked by Chip and Dale) on one side, the castle with Walt Disney World (mixed fonts) and "Where dreams come true (ital) in light blue. The other side has Donald Daisy, Pluto and Goofy. The background is pale blue. Near the handle is the Coca Cola script trademark and along the handle is "2007 The Coca Cola Company"

Along the other side of the handle is the obligatory statement "Free refills at our Resort Beverage Islands until the end of the stay in which the mug was purchased".

And yes, they don't seem to be to overly concerned about losses at their fountains.

wildernesslady
02-09-2009, 08:23 AM
That sounds like my 2007 mug. I wonder if they are getting rid of old stock. They only have 22 days until my next trip to unload them. I hope there is a new one.

BugeyedMuggy
02-09-2009, 09:37 AM
Just got back 2-8-09 and mugs at AKL were the same as last year .

DisneyBabies
02-09-2009, 11:47 AM
I sent an e-mail to disney asking what was going on with the decorations and the mugs and this is the e-mail I got back:

Dear ******* Family,

Thank you for writing to the Walt Disney World Resort.

As you know, starting January 2009, Disney Parks has made it easier for
you to magnify the moment in wonderful Disney style! This is the year to
gather with all the people who make you the happiest and celebrate at
the place where dreams come true. And since birthdays are the one
celebration we all share, we are offering the most magical birthday
present of all: free admission to one of the Theme Parks of Walt Disney
WorldŽ or DisneylandŽ Resorts on your birthday during 2009! Although the
free admission on your birthday portion has begun, please know that our
current "What Will You Celebrate?? campaign officially begins following
our Media Event on February 13. Therefore, your family will be able to
enjoy the campaign, including the new parades and decor, at the end of
this month.

We truly hope your son's first visit is an enjoyable one.

Sincerely,

The Walt Disney Company

So what do you guys think of this? Is anyone going to be there on the 13th?

wildernesslady
02-09-2009, 02:49 PM
Disneybabies,
Thanks for the update. Looks like we'll get to see the promos during our March trip.