PDA

View Full Version : Fantasmic 1/23

PlutoToo
01-23-2009, 09:24 AM
Last night at DHS the line for the Fantasmic show started @ 5pm for the 7 pm show. By 6:05 it was standing room only. DHS was kind enough to offer an additional 8:15 show even thought the park was supposed to close at 7. They also kept open TOT, RNR, and TSM til 7:45. The second show filled all but 2 bleacher sections. Just thought I'd pass this along in case it affects anyone's plans.

MississippiDisneyFreak
01-23-2009, 09:40 AM
Have they started the limited showings of Fantasmic now, instead of showing it nightly? I hope this makes them rethink that strategy......

Altair
01-23-2009, 09:42 AM
Have they started the limited showings of Fantasmic now, instead of showing it nightly? I hope this makes them rethink that strategy......

Yes, they are down to a few shows a week, with two on EMH nights.

If they added a show, maybe they are getting the message that the limited shows won't work.:mickey:

sbgat711
01-23-2009, 02:02 PM
Did you find that it was especially crowded yesterday at DHS? We were there (our first time), and thought it was very crowded, but didn't have another DHS experience to compare it to - all i could comare it to was the previous day at MK where no standby time was more than 20-30 minutes all day.

PlutoToo
01-23-2009, 05:27 PM
Yes, it was more crowded than I expected. The previous Monday was really crowded too. I guess people are planning their DHS day to go with Fantasmic and assuming they'll be able to get in to the show. My experience makes the dinner package make lots more sense.

ThanxForNoticin
01-23-2009, 07:43 PM
Overall, it seems crowds are really up in January this year (compared with previous Januarys). I guess the 7 for 4 promotion must really be working so far.

tiggerandpooh63
01-25-2009, 02:23 PM
Ditto - we were there Thursday and boy was it crowded - we suspect given the limited showings people are heading to the park more on those days - no surprise really.

Meteora
01-26-2009, 08:12 PM
Overall, it seems crowds are really up in January this year (compared with previous Januarys). I guess the 7 for 4 promotion must really be working so far.

I think the crowds are up in general, but the limiting of Fantasmic shows has really concentrated the crowds in DHS on those two days. Practically unbearable, IMO.

DryCreek
01-26-2009, 08:16 PM
from folks in the area for the Super Bowl?

Since it's only a couple and a half hour drive to Tampa, maybe they are combining events - Disney Vacation and Super Bowl?

CaptSmee
01-26-2009, 10:03 PM
I was there that day, it was actually Thursday 1/22, not the 23rd. And yes, the park was packed to the hilt! Filled with lots, and lots of tour groups! We the Monday prior for extra magic hours and after dinner were able to walk onto most attractions.

Meteora
01-28-2009, 05:06 PM
from folks in the area for the Super Bowl?

Since it's only a couple and a half hour drive to Tampa, maybe they are combining events - Disney Vacation and Super Bowl?

We were there the 9th through the 16th and experienced the same thing with Fantasmic both Monday and Thursday. So...no, probably not.

epceddie
01-28-2009, 08:59 PM
The last time we went to DHS it was horrible. The park was packed and we stayed for about an hour before giving up and heading out.
Of the four parks, DHS is easily our least favorite.
The fact that Disney has cut down the number of Fantasmic shows is obviously making things worse.
I've never seen Fantasmic, but after reading all the horror stories about the crowds and the seating, I don't know if I want to.
DHS is the only park that we've run into really bad crowds on our last three trips - in June, October and this past January.
We really don't care if we ever go back again.

PlutoToo
01-29-2009, 06:59 PM
DHS is easily my least favorite park. I go to see Fantasmic. One man's Dream, Art Academy, and RnR. Not much interested in the rest, having done it once.