PDA

View Full Version : 2 questions about the child's DDP

OleDoleDoffin
01-23-2009, 03:02 AM
Our younger son will be 9 when we do to WDW this fall. We're considering doing the Dining Plan - we will if it's offered for free again, we might if it's not - but were wondering about the rules on a few points.

First, I realize that part of the way restaurants (all restaurants, not just Disney's) keep the price of kids' meals down is to be stricter about substitutions than they are with adult meals. But there's also the fact that kids are picky... my little guy can be picky in some truly weird ways. We were looking at a photo of a Disney kids' menu on another site, and he pointed to one of the complete menus and said: "That would be good, if it was just plain apple slices instead of brown sugar apples!" Can they leave off things like that? (If the cold parts of the meal are made up ahead of time that could be impossible...) I know he can order from the pick-your-own list, but the complete meals look healthier on average and I hope I can get him to eat at least some of them!

Second, and this is probably only of theoretical value but I'm curious anyway, what's the actual policy on counter service desserts for kids? Some places have, say, a chocolate chip cookie available as a substitute, and I'm assuming that's the dessert? What about places like the WS counter services that don't? As I said, this is probably theoretical... my son may just be hungry enough for dessert at every meal (he's a tall, active boy), but I'm sure I won't be, so he can always have my dessert or split it with me.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can satisfy my curiosity!

bkfree
01-23-2009, 11:21 AM
We have always found the CM to be very accomodating and flexible when it comes to our kids and the kids menu. My son has ASD and some food sensory issues and they have always gone out of their way to make him happy.
I will say that TS venues are the most accomodating and CS the least just because they have less on hand to offer as substitutes.
I have even found the buffets to go the extra mile.
We ate at Boma for dinner on our trip in Dec.
Instead of chicken nuggets or strips they had fried chicken wings(which were great) but not anything my son would eat. When I mentioned this to the CM, he returned with a HUGE bowl of freshly cooked chicken nuggets for my son.

tyandskyesmom
01-23-2009, 12:07 PM
No...we were told many places that the apples all have the cinnamon on them and cannot be substituted...my kids don't like 'em like that either. But they were able to mix an dmatch everything on the menu so just because pizza is listed with certain items did not mean they had to choose those items. Most of the time at TS places they made up their own meal from the kid's menus.

CS is not as easy and honestly, we were on the DDDP so we did not do many so I cannot be of much help there.