PDA

View Full Version : Poly - best room with theme park view

Tippy
01-22-2009, 10:34 PM
Hi - we are booked to go to Disney this September. We have reserved a theme park view room at the Poly. Can anyone please tell me which is the best buidling to request? Do any rooms have both theme park & lagoon view?
Many thanks!

Polynesian Dweller
01-22-2009, 11:40 PM
I'll start with the last point first. The Poly is on the south shore of Seven Seas lagoon and MK is directly across on the north shore so every theme park view has a lagoon view. There are, however, some lagoon view that look to the side and not at MK so that's why some are called lagoon view only.

The best non-club level MK view rooms, IMHO, are in the Tahiti building. The view to MK is not obstructed by the islands in the lagoon. Tahiti is one of the newer buildings and so the rooms are somewhat larger and all have balconies or terrace. Some buildings have no balconies on the 2nd floor but no worry of that in Tahiti. The balcony is a great place to watch Wishes and the Electric Water Pageant.

Have a great trip. You'll love the Polynesian.:tikki:

tikiman
01-23-2009, 09:59 AM
I agree with Polynesian Dweller that Tahiti has the best non-concierge lagoon or Magic Kingdom view rooms. One thing to be careful of. Most rooms in Tahiti are not going to have a view of the Electric Water Pageant because Sunset Point blocks it from view. Also some of the ground level rooms at the far end of Tahiti have some of the castle blocked by the island off Tahiti’s beach. Also some upper rooms have part of their view blocked by trees on Tahiti’s beach and grass area. If you get a Magic Kingdom view room you will have a clear view of the castle from your room. Many Lagoon view rooms also have views of the castle and all have views of the lagoon. Hawaii is the only longhouse that looks between the two islands in the lagoon.

mouseketeer mom
01-23-2009, 06:03 PM
Well, we had a MK view booked in August and requested Tuvalu. It is a smaller bldg next to the marina, that seems to sit right on the water!!! We loved the location, it felt more centrally located to us, compared to Tahiti. We had an amazing 3rd floor view of the lagoon and MK. The beach right next to Tuvalu was always empty! We felt like it was ours alone. In the evening, you could hear the soft sounds of the Luau and that was a plus in our eyes. We viewed the Electrical Water parade perfectly from our room, and were also able to look to the side and see the monorail and weddings at the Grand Floridian pavillion. We loved this location for our MK view room.

dtootsie42
01-24-2009, 01:24 AM
Our first stay at the Poly was in the Tahiti longhouse...it was simply incredible. We have stayed club level (Hawaii) for the other visits but have decided if we go back and do non-club level we would love Tahiti again.

Dec. 1997---Contemporary
Dec. 1999--Poly
June 2000--Disneyland
Dec. 2001---Poly Concierge
Dec. 2003---Poly Concierge
Dec. 2005---Poly Concierge
Nov. 2007---Poly Concierge
Oct. 2008--DisneyLand

kathiep
01-25-2009, 10:36 AM
I have to agree with mouseketeer mom. We stayed in Tuvalu in September and loved the location. It wasn't right in the middle of things yet it was close enough to GCH and the main pool. It was neat being right on the water and the beach was always empty.

Finiamh
01-25-2009, 01:22 PM
Sooo wait. I thought the only guaranteed MK View rooms were in Tahiti. Are there guaranteed(pay for) MK view in Touvalu too?

CleveRocks
01-25-2009, 02:14 PM
Sooo wait. I thought the only guaranteed MK View rooms were in Tahiti. Are there guaranteed(pay for) MK view in Touvalu too?Specifically, rooms in the room category "theme park view" are located in Aotearoa, Tuvalu and Tahiti.

I'm not confusing lagoon view with MK view. There are MK view rooms in the above 3 buildings.

ncrohrs
01-25-2009, 10:27 PM
We had a third floor room in Tuvalu and LOVED it! We were upgraded for free to an amazing room with a view of the castle, monorail, and GF wedding pavilion! Each morning we heard the opening at MK from our balcony, heard the characters voices and saw the fireworks, amazing to wake up to! Tuvalu was a great building in my book, such a short walk from the boat launch to MK, that we used it more than the monorail! It was also fairly close to the pools and marina and main building! I don't know if we'd ever be able to afford this room on our own, it was truly magical to get this chance to stay here! Makes me want to go back now just thinking of it!

mouseketeer mom
01-26-2009, 06:39 AM
Sooo wait. I thought the only guaranteed MK View rooms were in Tahiti. Are there guaranteed(pay for) MK view in Touvalu too?

Absolutely!!! That is the category we booked and were so happy we got Tuvalu, the bldg we requested. I'm not a big fan of being off the beaten path, and this is why we didn't want Tahiti. It feels a little too quiet and remote for us. Tuvalu had us looking at not only the castle, the GF pavillion, the monorail, the CR, but we heard the Luau (quietly), felt like we had a private beach, and were very close to the marina and the side entrance of Captain cooks.
On a side note though, we really think there are pluses to all the longhouses at the Poly, so even if you don't get your first request, you are bound to be happy in your location.

tikiman
01-26-2009, 01:07 PM
Tuvalu does have some nice lagoon and Magic Kingdom view rooms but I was never a fan of the location otherwise. I love going to the pool and we use the boat (motor launch) often to go to the park and even though it was frustrating for me to have to walk around the marina every time I went to the pool. I like walking right from Hawaii or Samoa to get to the pool fast and even from Tokelau and Tahiti it is a quick and easy walk along the beach to the pool or boat. Now with the larger rooms in Tahiti and us using the TTC often the longhouses on that side of the resort are more to our liking.

As mentioned Aotearoa, Tuvalu and Tahiti have garden view, lagoon view and Magic Kingdom view rooms (Themepark view is only what the Disney web site calls it but the Polynesian documentation and system calls Themepark views, Magic Kingdom View category). There are two rooms in Tokelau designated lagoon view but they are hardly ever booked under that category since they do not face the lagoon directly.

Tippy
02-01-2009, 01:16 PM
Thank you everyone for your input. I appreciate the response and now know what building to request closer to our stay.
-Tippy:party: