PDA

View Full Version : Kinda got a pin code for $500 gift card

Daisy712
01-22-2009, 09:14 PM
Just wanted everyone to be on the look out. I got a pin code in my email (unfortunately in my Aunt's name) for 5 night/6 day package at a value resort for $594 per adult. You also get a $500 gift card. It is for most Sunday thru Thursday nights from 3/1/09 - 4/16/09. The email came from Disney Destinations.

We are using the 7 for 4 for a week in June. This won't do us any good and I don't think I could use it since it is in my aunt's name. It looks like this isn't really more of a deal than the 7 for 4.

I don't know the rhyme or reason with the codes. We live in northern Indiana. She has received 2 pins through my email, because when we went in 2003 we just had her Disney information sent to my email. I have been a number of times and have kids and still I have never received a pin code.

Tinkerfreak
01-23-2009, 08:56 AM
I just received the same thing in my e-mail. I wish we could use it but the timing is just off.

DizneyRox
01-23-2009, 09:46 AM
... I don't think I could use it since it is in my aunt's name. It looks like this isn't really more of a deal than the 7 for 4.

Correct, they are tied to a person.

You are also correct, it's funny how many different ways they are doing the same thing and calling it a deal. I think Disney needs to sweeten the pot in order to get more poeple.

MizMissy
01-23-2009, 09:53 AM
Are pin codes by email or regular mail? If by email, who is the sender? I have alot of disney emails blocked by my junk mail filter and I want to make sure I'm not missing anything.

Thanks.

LoriSan
01-23-2009, 11:36 AM
I got one too. I wish I could give it to someone. I can't use it, I have 3 trips to the World scheduled for 2009 already. DH would KILL me! :thedolls:

The Hitchhiking Ghost
01-23-2009, 12:36 PM
Interesting. :confused:

I got an email pin code last weekend from Disney Destinations too, for the exact same time period. However mine was more for a kids 3-9 stay, play and dine for free with two paid adults @ $794 per adult (value resort) no gift card mentioned.

Interesting how Disney is marketing various pin codes for the exact same time period. Too bad they don't send you a pin code with the option of using any of say 3 variations. We aren't able to use the pin code we received, but had we received the other one, we might have used it.

The Disney Pin Code mystery continues.

To another poster, my email pin code came from Diseny Destinations which has the email of [email protected] if that is of any help. I have also received postcard type pin codes.

krose78
01-23-2009, 01:29 PM
Wish we could get something like that but I will be 9 months pregnant during those times so I don't think I will be allowed to travel. Hopefully they will have something for later in the year but we already have a reservation w/the 40% off so thats better than nothing.

Cookie123
01-23-2009, 01:40 PM
I got the same e-mail PIN code yesterday, too.
I just cannot use it yet. I'm planning on going early December ...... I hope.

FenwayGirl
01-23-2009, 04:25 PM
I got one too!..Too bad I am planning a May trip.
I am on the lookout for a room only discount like the ones that are presently running through April 30th

christinelee10
01-23-2009, 06:01 PM
Has anyone figured out which is a better deal
#1 The Stay 4/3 free package with $200 gift card
#2 The 40% off resort room rate
#3 The $500 gift card for 5 nights
#4 Kids stay and eat free package.

It's so confusing................I know anyone can use the 4/3 package, but now we got a PIN code for the $500 gift card. Help!!!!

bouncer
01-24-2009, 08:36 AM
:thumbsup:We booked out trip according to DS's Easter break. Unfortunately, it fell during the 4/3 blackout period. I got the email & called...we're saving $1130.60 off our Poly LVC room AND getting the $500 gift card!!! We thought that we were going to pay full tilt with the 4/3 promo and are WAY excited to get this "deal."

As with any other item in America...can't we just price things right to begin with or are we all stuck on the get a better deal mindset?

Anyway, a huge savings for us-we're thrilled!!