PDA

View Full Version : Airfare

terri110874
01-22-2009, 07:12 PM
I have been looking lately for airfare for May 20-27th and it soooo high. I have never paid over $89 each way. I wanted to try jet blue but the times I want are 259 one way and 114 back.

Any idea if this going to keep going up ? or by small miracle will it dip a bit to afford it. Trip is paid off except the air I cant see paying half of what I am paying for week in WDW:mad:

Anyone know of any other airline with good deals. Also SW dings have not been good to me lately.

faline
01-22-2009, 07:19 PM
In the last year or so, airfares have been highly unpredictable. If you know you must fly, keep looking for the best price but also give yourself a deadline by which you know you will buy.

ThanxForNoticin
01-22-2009, 08:54 PM
I agree. Keep watching. By the way, May is too far out for SW to be offering ding fares on yet. If there will be any ding fares for late May, they won't come out for a couple more months.

BMan62
01-22-2009, 09:22 PM
Don't rely on Ding! fares. Go to the Southwest site and look at the Wanna Get Away fares. Checked your dates and there are $78 flights out of Manchester, NH. Providence, RI - $119 down, $78 back are best prices.

DisneyTiff
01-24-2009, 10:29 PM
You can always book your trip on Southwest out of Manchester, then if the price goes down, you can rebook for credit. We have done this twice for our next trip, and saved a total of $228 for three tickets.

laward32
01-25-2009, 01:43 PM
Have you tried Airtran? My sister is going May 9-16 and she got her tickets $89 each way. I wouldn't think Boston to Mco would be too much more. It's worth checking.:mickey:

FenwayGirl
01-25-2009, 05:02 PM
We just booked out of PVD
May 14th through May 19th
$78 each way!

KylesMom
01-25-2009, 11:38 PM
Terri, I can certainly sympathize. We usually spend $278-300 each round trip from Chicago to Orlando on American or United (booking 6 months in advance), but those same flights this year are over $500 each! I've been monitoring the prices since November, and they haven't dropped at all.

I finally convinced my DH to fly SouthWest - at least on the way down - and we'll see what the return flights bring when they're announced. While the fares are much better at $157 one-way, they still aren't what I'd consider "budget". However, I don't want to get stuck not getting our flight times or the "web-only" fares so I went ahead and booked on Friday.

You can always book your trip on Southwest out of Manchester, then if the price goes down, you can rebook for credit. We have done this twice for our next trip, and saved a total of $228 for three tickets.
DisneyTiff, can I ask how you did this? Did you call SouthWest when the lower fare was announced & just told them you wanted to rebook?

Momof2boys
01-26-2009, 10:54 AM
We just booked a flight direct to Tampa for $99 each way, instead of Orlando. It was alot cheaper than non-direct flights. We'll rent a car and drive the 1 1/2 hours to Orlando. It's nearly impossible to get a direct flight to Orlando from Milwaukee and since I'm not a great flyer the layover thing like we did last year was not my first choice.