PDA

View Full Version : Home Base? (other than DVC members)

DakotaDisney
01-22-2009, 06:31 PM
Do any of you repeat travelers to WDW (other than DVC members) have a resort that you consider home base?
In other words a resort that you stay at each time, which you just love or do you stay at a different place each time?

I have only stayed on-site twice, but to me AKL is like home when at WDW. I have stayed at POP and would like to try other resorts sometime (and probably will), but I love AKL and am drawn back to staying there again and again. (stayed there twice)

I love how they say, "Welcome Home". Which I think they do at any resort.

Any thoughts? What do you do?

medic9016
01-22-2009, 07:12 PM
Fort Wilderness. I bring my second home with me to Disney.

mouseketeer mom
01-22-2009, 07:18 PM
Oh my gosh, absolutely. The Polynesian. When I've stayed other places, I've found myself pining for the Poly. My whole family feels the same. It is home to us at WDW. We've even had the same room the past 3 visits!!!

goofy for pluto
01-22-2009, 08:42 PM
For me it's POR!
We just love it there. :cloud9:

KatMark
01-22-2009, 08:58 PM
For us it is the CSR. We've stayed seven times and have trips eight and nine already booked. We just can't tear ourselves away. We love the theme, the pools, the spa/fitness center, the food court, the shop, the CM's have always been terrific. We can't wait to see the new furnishings. The only time we probably won't stay there is the one and only time that we have extra cash and can do a savannah view at the AKL.

wdw_bound
01-22-2009, 09:04 PM
Before our October trip, I would have said Wilderness Lodge without hesitation. Now it would probably be the Fort Wilderness Cabins. I would like to stay at the Beach Club, but mostly to try Stormalong Bay. We don't have firm plans yet for our next trip, but it will probably be DS's choice (birthday trip), and he's already said the cabins (he doesn't know about SB - he's only 4).

Of course, I wouldn't turn down WL, either, but if the trip was with the family, the cabins were a wonderful experience last time...

cindchan
01-22-2009, 09:24 PM
As you can see, I haven't been to the same one twice. My goal is to stay at most of the resorts eventually. But so far, my fave has been AKL. But to stay there again, would mean missing out on staying at another resort!

Luv Eeyore
01-23-2009, 11:51 AM
Beach Club/Yacht Club - can't beat the location or the pool.

mkymouse0206
01-23-2009, 12:19 PM
The Wilderness Lodge is our home. :paw::paw: We have tried very hard to try other resorts, but always end up back at the Lodge. I am sure others have wonderful things to offer also, but Disney to me means walking through those giant doors into that enormous lobby and hearing that amazing music. That is the moment I know I have arrived at the most magical place on earth!! :cloud9:

BMan62
01-23-2009, 12:59 PM
Ours would have to be Pop. We like the kitschy atmosphere and would rather spend the extra money on more days in the parks.

diz_girl
01-23-2009, 01:46 PM
If I had my choice, it would be the Poly. I couldn't stay there last month, as my extended family voted on WL. However, at the end of the trip, my Dad, who was dealing with back and hip pain from the walking and buses, said "next time we're staying on the monorail." I think of staying at the CR or GF, but my heart seems to go back to the Poly. We spend the most time at MK and EPCOT, so the Poly makes the most sense for us.

#1donaldfan
01-23-2009, 05:00 PM
.....POR......

Without a doubt !!!!:mickey:

Simba's Mom
01-23-2009, 06:06 PM
For me it's POR!
We just love it there. :cloud9:

Pre-DVC, that was ours too.

EeyoresBestFriend
01-23-2009, 06:35 PM
POFQ ~ Love it!:cloud9:

mickeefan
01-23-2009, 06:45 PM
The Polynesian. We tried a couple other places and always wish we were back there.

Crow
01-23-2009, 08:02 PM
as you see in my signature, Ive tried diff ones. my favs being WL for deluxe
CS or POFQ for mod
Pop for value
i just like trying all the places

Marceline
01-24-2009, 12:42 AM
:pine::pine:Wilderness Lodge!:pine::pine::deer2::pine:

Staying there was a dream come true for me and now I don't think I can ever get my husband to stay anywhere else. He caught the Disney-bug because of WL. It's just so relaxing, we love the beach, Bay Lake, the boat to the MK, the lobby, the Mercantile and all the wood and warmth.

I'd love to stay once each at the other resorts but I really don't know at this point if we will ever be able to tear ourselves away from the coziness and majesty that is the WL. I figure we can just spend time visiting the other resorts for eats and shopping and call it good. :thumbsup:

DISNEYFIX
01-24-2009, 08:00 AM
Poly or Beach Club!:number1:

DonaldsBFF
01-24-2009, 09:31 AM
Another one for POR. We just love the privacy and landscaping in the bayou. This last trip we tried to hop around to the different resorts to see where we might want to stay on a future trip. I think the Polynesian or Wilderness Lodge would be neat. I don't know if we will ever have the courage to ditch our "home" though.

gueli
01-24-2009, 10:13 AM
I have stayed at quite a few resorts, usually the mods- and my favorite there has got to be POR.
We upgraded for the Polly last trip & it was something special. I would love to have my home base there but I haven't won the lottery yet :D

:mickey: