PDA

View Full Version : Staying at Poly - take buses from TTC?

leighe
01-22-2009, 10:35 AM
I was just wondering if anyone has ever done this. Are there buses from the TTC to DHS and AK? I was thinking that since the Poly shares buses with the other MK resorts it might be faster to walk to TTC and catch a bus going directly to the parks.

Any experiences?

SBETigg
01-22-2009, 10:39 AM
I would stick with catching buses from the Poly bus stop. We've never had a problem with shared buses, never overcrowding, never waiting for a different bus because one was too full. Yes, sometimes we had to stand but it wasn't a big deal to us. I'm not sure about the TTC buses, but if that ends up being closer to your room, perhaps it's a consideration. Otherwise, I wouldn't worry.

SheLovesDisney
01-22-2009, 12:01 PM
During our stay at the Poly last August, we took buses from the TTC on more than a few occasions. Not sure how often this happens, but the week we were there the Poly was sharing buses with the Contemporary. The buses were often almost full when they arrived at the Poly stop which meant we almost never got a seat and sometimes never made it on the first bus at all.

Our longhouse was an easy walk to the TTC and we never once had a problem with the buses there. They were often almost empty. I would say that depending on the bus schedules when you are there and your proximity to the TTC, you may want to give it a whirl if you find that you have any issues with the Poly stop.

tikiman
01-22-2009, 12:07 PM
I have often used the busses from the TTC.

MicMouse
01-22-2009, 12:14 PM
Catch the busses from the TTC.

As we were waiting for a bus to take us to the Poly from Disney Studios, a driver actually got off the bus going to the TTC and told us it would be faster to take the bus to the TTC, then walk to the Poly from there. He said that the bus for the Poly only came around about every 45 minutes.

We also just walked to the TTC to take the monorail to and from Epcot.

leighe
01-22-2009, 12:42 PM
Thanks guys! We had walked to TTC to take the monorail to Epcot when staying at the Poly before but hadn't thought about going there for the buses. This will be our first trip with DDs 3 years and 18 months and I'm a little concerned about crowded buses with strollers.

awaggett
01-22-2009, 05:26 PM
I probably should not admit this...we stayed at the Poly for the first time in December. I didn't even think they had busses. To be honest, I wasn't thinking...we had stayed at CR previously and had used their buses, so no excuse!

Anyway...we went to TTC to get buses to DHS and AK. We went to Magic Kingdom to get a bus to AKL for dinner at Boma. Worked out fine. Loved the Poly for location--so awesome.

gueli
01-23-2009, 08:00 AM
I never had a problem with the buses at the poly. Yes they share with the other resorts (GF & Contemp) but usually not an issue.
If your longhouse is close to the TTC then by all means use the busses from there (our friends had a 2 minute walk to the ttc & had no issues using the buses from there).

Have fun.
:mickey:

javamama
01-28-2009, 03:18 PM
Last April we had an issue w/buses going to AK, we waited over 30-45 minutes. It was mainly people abusing electric carts/wheelchair rentals, they would have a huge party w/them 8 people or so. Two fights broke out at the bus stop, because the woman using the electric cart/wheelchair was letting a kid use it for fun while waiting. While a little girl who was paralized couldn't get on the bus---it was horrible, the bus driver let the rental people on, and they started an uproar swearing on the bus--it was crazy, and a sad situation. That was our only problem w/the buses.