PDA

View Full Version : Finally, Some Cooperation!

Beach Club Babe
01-22-2009, 08:52 AM
After 3 ultrasounds, our baby has finally decided to reveal itself! No matter how hard they tried, the U/S techs could not determine if it was a boy or girl. But finally yesterday, the baby decided to open its legs and show us that we are having.....
<
<
<
<
<
<
<
<
<
<
<
<
<
<
<
<
<
<
<
<<<
another girl!

So now I need some help naming our little bundle of joy. We've been talking about it for months, but have gotten absolutely nowhere, any suggestions would be appreciated!

Dragongirlx
01-22-2009, 08:56 AM
:congrats:

SBETigg
01-22-2009, 09:04 AM
How sweet! Congratulations, and I wish you a happy, healthy pregnancy and delivery.

What are the other names in the family? Do you prefer newer names, popular names, traditional names?

EpcotChic23
01-22-2009, 09:20 AM
Congrats.....we find out what we are having in a month I can not wait. Good luck with the remainder of your pregnancy.

vicster
01-22-2009, 09:42 AM
Congrats! I've noticed a few people I know lately have been going back to traditional names: Claire, Emily, Chloe. Love them all but I guess it all depends on your personal preference. Choosing a name sometimes seems to be the hardest part but good luck with it.

krose78
01-22-2009, 10:14 AM
Congrats.

I am having a princess after my two princes. Girls seem to be in the air right now. I'm in a moms group and of the 10 moms who know the gender 8 are having girls. Try googling baby name genie. It is a fun website that tests out full names.

gauvin4
01-22-2009, 10:30 AM
:congrats: Wishing you health and happiness for the remainder of your pregnancy. As for suggestions on names, is there a family member you would like to name her after? Good luck.

JPL
01-22-2009, 11:14 AM
Congrats :baby:

Princess'Mom
01-22-2009, 01:23 PM
Congratulations! I'm sure you and DH will find a very suitable name for your new addition!
:thumbsup:

princessgirls
01-22-2009, 01:32 PM
Heather~

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I am very excited for you and your family. Emily I'm sure is thrilled to be having a little sister.

It would appear to me that you have picked beautiful names for all of your children. You will do fine. I know that it is so hard!!! My girls have middle names from other family members, for example Morgan is Morgan Elizabeth, my sister and grandmother's middle name is Elizabeth, and Madison is Madison Emma, as my middle name is Emma as was a favorite Aunt of my father. I like the history part with the middle name for some reason.

May God continue to bless you with a healthy pregnancy.

Again, Congratulations!
Julie:mickey:

DisneyDog
01-22-2009, 02:11 PM
Congratulations! That is great news!! I am very happy for you :)

crazypoohbear
01-22-2009, 05:49 PM
Congrats!!!!
What are the other girls names in the family?
When are you do?
What ethnic/nationality back round are you and DH?
Did you want a traditional, catchy, unique name?

Beach Club Babe
01-22-2009, 07:13 PM
The other girls names in the family are Courtney, Ashleigh, and Emily. DD would prefer a name that has the e sound at the end like the others. That makes it harder! I wouldn't mind naming her after my grandmother who died this past July and to whom I was extremely close. She hated her name though. It was Katherine, so I wouldn't mind either some variation or even a name that started with a K. However, we cannot agree on anything! Any thoughts would be appreciated!

TinkiTime1989
01-22-2009, 08:44 PM
The other girls names in the family are Courtney, Ashleigh, and Emily. DD would prefer a name that has the e sound at the end like the others. That makes it harder! I wouldn't mind naming her after my grandmother who died this past July and to whom I was extremely close. She hated her name though. It was Katherine, so I wouldn't mind either some variation or even a name that started with a K. However, we cannot agree on anything! Any thoughts would be appreciated!

First of all, congratulations! I used to know a Katherine who went by Kay. Just a thought, since you like the e sound you could combine the two to get Kayleigh. :babyroll:

PAYROLL PRINCESS
01-22-2009, 10:08 PM
I'm a Kathleen by birth but my nephews always called me Kat. When they were younger and talking about me they'd make sure they specified that I was not the two legged kind. Katherine can also be Kate, Kit, or Kathy so there's lots of variations of the name.
Congrats on your upcoming bundle of joy.
You could also go with something Disneyish: Jasmine, Ariel, Belle or even Bella.

crazypoohbear
01-22-2009, 10:25 PM
you have a flower name so what about
rosaliegh
rose leigh
or
shelby
kayleigh
amie
kelly
kimberly
kate
katie
sophie
riley
christine

JanetMegan
01-23-2009, 08:47 AM
First of all, congratulations! I used to know a Katherine who went by Kay. Just a thought, since you like the e sound you could combine the two to get Kayleigh. :babyroll:

Ohhh I like this a lot!

RedSoxFan
01-23-2009, 10:41 AM
Congrats Heather on having another girl.

Caitlyn is my niece's name; but she goes by Caitie. It is spelled differently and has the 'e' on the end. Another name is Haley which I'm sure can be spelled different ways. I do like the name Kayleigh mentioned in another post. I like the names spelled different: my DD is Kourtney.

Beast_fanatic
01-23-2009, 11:14 AM
I've always liked the name Riley, and more specifically Riley Jo.

For a K, I do like the name Kayleigh, but since you have an Ashleigh, maybe you could spell it differently like Kayley or Kaylie. There's also Kiley. And then, I have two nieces that are Kelly and Kasey and their daughters are Kirsty and Katelyn (Katelyn kept the y, but not the 'e' sound).

You could also honor your grandmother with a middle name - maybe Kate? Riley Kate is kind of cute. ;)

Good luck deciding!

RedSoxFan
01-23-2009, 11:46 AM
I thought of another name for you with the 'e' sound and a way to honor your grandmother.

Mary Katherine

That is my niece's name (although Katherine is with a "C". There are also a couple of girls in my son's class (he's a junior) who have the name Mary.

murphy1
01-23-2009, 04:23 PM
Hey Heather, I'm so excited for you (haven't been around here a lot) I used family names for middle names, you could do that. I have a LIndsey, Jordan and Megan, just b/c I loved the names. I would look in baby name books and see what you like. I have a cousin Riley who I dearly love b/c my aunt, her mom, passed from diabetes, so it's very special here. Just go with your heart and see what moves you. And record in her baby book why your chose it, so she knows why, congrats!!

mrsgaribaldi
01-23-2009, 05:59 PM
Congratulations!!!!
I've always said if I ever had a girl I would name her Nicole, I love that name:baby:

ElenitaB
01-23-2009, 09:49 PM
Congratulations, Heather! :cloud9:

I'm jumping on the bandwagon for Kayleigh. :thumbsup:

I'm also going to throw into the ring the names of my two favorite girl cousins: Mallary (usually spelled Mallory) and (are you ready for it?) Cindy. My Aunt Kitty named all three of her girls with names ending with a long e: Cindy, Jody and Wendy.

My DS would have been Sophie Francesca had he been born a DD.

Disdude
01-23-2009, 10:04 PM
Congratulations! My wife and I are adopting a little girl and we've been going through the same exercise. I really like the name Kaylee but i've had a hard time convincing my wife. Good luck. Naming a child has proven challenging but also fun.

pianobabe
01-23-2009, 10:33 PM
Congratulations on the wonderful addition. A lot of the names that I have heard recently have been along the lines of Chloe, Kinsley and Kayleigh. No matter what you decide to name her, I hope she is healthy.

Mousefever
01-24-2009, 01:11 PM
I've picked family names for the little girl I'll never had, unless we have an "oops!" situation. The name I like is Mary Elizabeth.

Mary is for my Great Aunt Mary, and my mom, Marylou. Elizabeth is the actual name of my Great Aunt Be, and my sister's name is Beth.

Amy

Jen C.
01-24-2009, 11:08 PM
Congratulations!

I love the name Audrey.

Just a thought.

princessgirls
01-25-2009, 04:37 PM
Heather,

Just my 2 cents, but here's a go...

Riley Katherine

Riley would go with the girls names and Katherine for your beloved grandmother.

I think it is pretty.

Anyway, good luck with the name picking.
Hope you are feeling well.
Julie:mickey:

DisneyFreak23
01-25-2009, 05:56 PM
Another vote for Kayleigh! I really think it's pretty. Kayleigh Ann sounds pretty, but thats just my two cents! Have fun choosing!

Kairi_7378
01-27-2009, 09:21 AM
Congratulations!

My grandmother's name is Kathryn. In her family, there was always a Katherine in each generation. Each one had a different spelling (Catharine, Kathryn, Katharine, etc.)

My son has been in 2 different day care centers since he was born in September and it seems like old fashioned names are popular. The girls in his class have been named: Grace, Vivian, Isabella, Esme, Maya, Ana, Hannah, Nora, Clara, and Gabriella.