PDA

View Full Version : Resort Hopping/Exploring

DakotaDisney
01-21-2009, 09:56 PM
Does or has anyone spent a day or part of a day resort hoping, exploring or visiting?

I think it would be interesting to check out some of the different resorts and propably have a meal or two. I have only stayed at AKL and POP and have had lunch at Wilderness Lodge. But I would like to check out some of the others. I did ride the monorail a couple times from MK to Epcot through the contemporary resort.

Any suggestions on a good order or plan on how to go about exploring the different resorts? What order and form of transportation?
I would prefer using Disney transportation since I typically don't rent a car when I'm at WDW.

VWL Mom
01-22-2009, 07:41 AM
This is probably the easiest for folks like us that haven't done it before. On our last trip DH & DS13 went to EMH at AK leaving DS16 and I behind. We decided to do the monorail resorts. Took our time roaming and shopping and stopped for a late breakfast at Kona Cafe. Also, fell in love with Basin Soaps from GF to the point of ordering them online when I ran out. We spent about 4 hours at the 3 resorts. Had the weather been better we may have spent a bit more.

tinkerbelle75
01-22-2009, 08:14 AM
I have visited every WDW resort except SOG and the Swan/ Dolphin. We love to go to the other resorts on our last day so we can get souvenirs from the different gift shops and decide where to stay next. For some, it might be a little boring, but for us, it's the first stage of planning the next trip!
Have fun exploring!!:mickey:

gauvin4
01-22-2009, 08:29 AM
I love to go check out the other resorts & soak up the atmosphere as they are all different. My must on each trip is to visit AKL and watch the giraffes. They are amazing to watch!! I could watch them for hours. :mickey:

Beast_fanatic
01-22-2009, 08:52 AM
The monorail resorts are easy to explore using Disney transportation. From any resort that uses bus transportation, just take a bus to the Magic Kingdom and then walk across to the resort monorail and work your way around. You can also visit Wilderness Lodge by catching a boat over either from the Magic Kingdom or from the Contemporary.

The Yacht Club, Beach Club, Boardwalk and Swan and Dolphin are also easy to access. If using bus transportation, just catch a bus to Disney Hollywood Studios and then as you are facing the park, stay to right and down at the water there is a boat dock where you can catch a boat that services those resorts (and also goes to the International Gateway entrance of Epcot). There is also a walking path if you don't want to wait on the boat.

For other resorts, your best bet is to take a bus to a park and then get on a bus to the other resort. For example, you could take the bus to Animal Kingdom and then board the Animal Kingdom Lodge bus to visit that resort. This works so long as the parks are still open. If you are visiting resorts after the parks have been closed for some time, you can either use Downtown Disney as your transfer point, or you can take a taxi.

joelkfla
01-22-2009, 11:35 AM
Agreeing with Rhonda --

The Magic Kingdom Resorts, including the 3 Monorails and Wilderness Lodge, are easy to explore as a group. In addition to the Monorail, there's a small boat that loops thru the MK, GF, and Poly (not sure what order). There's also a walking trail between Poly and GF.

Once you get to the Epcot resorts, they are all within easy walking distance of each other.

Another group is Saratoga, Old Key West, and Port Orleans, which are all accessible by boat from DTD. You can also get between SSR and OKW directly by boat, and walk between SSR and DTD.

The other resort worth a special trip is AKL, but you've already been there. :mickey: