PDA

View Full Version : Poly dinner show?

Woozle
01-21-2009, 06:26 PM
Has anyone done the Aloha show at the Poly Resort? We were thinking trying it. We will have the DDP so it is "worth" more to do this one.
Thanks.

mouseketeer mom
01-21-2009, 06:36 PM
You will get mixed responses to your question I'm sure. Seems that people either love or hate the Spirit of Aloha dinner show. We are amongst those who love it. We have seen it twice!! We find it extremely entertaining, the dancers are fantastic, the fire dancer will blow you away. We really enjoy the food as well. Yes..the storyline is a little corny, but the musical aspect of the show is terrific.

stitchaholic
01-21-2009, 06:45 PM
i went with my DS 6 and DD 8 last year,and we loved the show! the fire dancing is AMAZING!my son is a picky eater so after he tried the food and didn't like it,they brought him chicken nuggets,all in all it was a great show!

Raye3201
01-21-2009, 08:12 PM
I agree - the show is great and the fire dancer was a highlight. My son who was 4 at the time still remembers that part! We are planning a trip in June and we are planning to go to the Luau again....DS(8) and DD (10) are very excited to see it again!:mickey::mickey:

DizneyRox
01-21-2009, 08:46 PM
I don't hide my dislike for the Luau. I went once and wish I could have my time/money back.

The food was dry and nasty, the service wasn't any better, and the show was basically a fashion show. The "highlight" is the fire dancer, which can also be seen at the Festival of the Lion King.

Using two c redi ts on ANY meal isn't "worth" it. The luau is an even worse use of points.

If you're looking for a sure fire hit and feel the need to waste credits on a two credit meal, the Hoop Dee Doo is a much better use for those credits, but only in entertainment value.

goofy78
01-21-2009, 09:02 PM
i have been to the luau a couple times. it is worth it if you haven't been to it before. that said, the food is not the best, it is good, but not the best. the show is entertaining but IMHO not worth multiple repeats. i don't think they should do away with it just not something i would go back to unless i was with someone who had never been and they wanted to go. i don't want to be too hard a critic on the spirit of aloha as it is entertaining and if you have never seen it then i think you ought to give it a try. you may find that you love it and will make it a regular addition to your trips. :lei: :papple: :tikki:

SubNET3
01-21-2009, 09:04 PM
It is definitely a must do at least once during a wdw trip. Great atmosphere and the show is entertaining. The food is great as well, and endless alcoholic beverages are included :)

DryCreek
01-22-2009, 11:01 AM
I cannot speak for the show in the recent past, but having gone to it in the late '90's, it was just OK. Of course, we were comparing it to the luau we attended while in Hawaii (Germaines, I believe) and there is just NO comparison. It didn't even begin to approach the level of authenticity we witnessed at the Polynesian Cultural Center, but it was entertaining.

I thought the food was pretty good. The Polynesian Chicken was excellent!

LandFan
01-23-2009, 12:20 PM
I agree with DIsneyRox, wish I could have the time/money back! Food was bland, it was over-commericalized with lilo/stitch and just blah. Hoop de doo was MUCH better!

The fire guy is great, but as stated previously, you can see him for free at the FOTLK show in AK.